CHAPTER SEVEN; NOT TOUCHING AND NOT TALKING.

Lexi’s pov.

It was now two hours after my mum fainted or fell asleep or whatever happened to her. I was sat in the same red living room with my dad; I sat on the sofa opposite him.

“Princess, are you okay?” I looked over at my dad; we hadn’t said a word to each other.

“Yeah I’m fine dad,” I gave him a weak smile, to try and convince him. “I am just worried about mum; do you think she is okay now?”

I could hear someone walking down the stairs; I turned my head and saw my mum,

“I’m fine Sweetie, just needed a little rest. I will be fine by tomorrow.” She smiled at me and went to sit beside my dad.

“So Princess, what do you want to do for the rest of your birthday?” hmmm… what did I want to do? I didn’t want to do anything that would tire my mum out,

“Could we watch a few movies and eat junk food?” I smiled a real smile this time.

“That sounds like fun Sweetie but why don’t we go out for a meal? You aren’t going to be here much longer and I want to spoil you, to make up for the birthdays we missed.”

I nodded my head; I didn’t mind going out actually. I wouldn’t miss having the junk food as I would be having it with Alex tonight.

I got off of the sofa and walked to the stairs, I froze on the last step,

“Mum I don’t have anything to wear, I didn’t pack anything nice. And my clothes are all packed.” I looked at my small bag behind the front door.

“Are you sure about that Princess? Go and check in your room.” I didn’t need any more encouragement, I ran up the stairs to my room as if my life depended on it.

I pushed the door open with all my might, scanning my eyes around the room. They landed on a black box that been placed on my bed. I ran over to the box, running my finger over the perfect pink bow on the top. A part of me felt bad for wanting to tear it, but the more dominant part of me didn’t want to look at a box anymore; I wanted to see what was inside.

I pulled the tabs on the bow, watching it untie. The pink ribbon fell onto the bed, the ribbon that was wrapped around the box I brushed off. My hands hovered over the box lid, I couldn’t take it anymore, I had to see what was in this box. I ripped the lid of flinging it off of the bed; I hardly even realized it hit the floor. My eyes were locked on the gorgeous blue dress in the box. It was an ocean blue; I lifted the dress out of the box. The thin almost nonexistent spaghetti straps were lying in my hands. The top of the dress was tight; it would perfectly show off my bust but not make me look like a hooker. The rest of the dress was ruffles, which reminded me even more of the sea; it was like an ocean dress. It was gorgeous, I would be able to wear it and feel young and alive yet it was elegant at the same time. This dress was beautiful.

“MUM!” I ran down the stairs, holding the dress tightly to my body, I was back in the living room in now time, “Mum, this dress is beautiful, I can’t even begin to thank you!”

“Go upstairs and put it on, that will be thanks enough. We leave in an hour so make sure you’re  ready, Princess.” I nodded and ran back upstairs.

I placed the dress back into the box and walked over to my bathroom; I needed a shower.

I was in the shower for a long time; sometimes I just forget that I am in the shower. I am a Scorpio; a water sign, some people believe water signs think better in water. I have to admit, I believe that too, some of my best ideas come to me when I am in the shower.

I was in my dressing gown in my room; I had done my hair and make-up. All I had to do was put my dress on.

“Princess, are you ready? We need to leave in a minute” my dad was knocking on the door.