CHAPTER ONE: A WORLD OF MY OWN.

Lexi’s pov.

My parents hate me.

They always have, for as long as I could remember they have never cared about me. They don’t want anything to do with me; I go to a boarding school for a majority of the year. The only time I am at home is during the holidays but my parents aren’t home then. They have business trips to be on, or somewhere more important to be. It doesn’t bother me anymore, I use to cry myself to sleep when I was young but now I don’t. I just get over it, I invite my friends around and we trash the house. I leave the mess for my parents when they get home. I don’t care, neither do they! They just pay some cleaner to come and clean the house. They use to tell me off but after the fourth time they just sort of gave up. They always give up, that’s why they are my parents and not my mum and dad, and they don’t deserve such loving names. They don’t love me and I don’t love them.

It was Monday today, the start of a new week. I was so tired; Alex had kept me up all night with her constant gossiping. I couldn’t care less for who was dating who right now, yes it was interesting but I had bigger things on my mind. My parents. They wanted to see me; they never want to see me. They phoned me this morning and asked me to come home this weekend; it’s my birthday this weekend. I will be 17, one more year and I can leave this hell hole I am forced to call school. I was shocked at first, what was I suppose to do? Say no and end the call? Say yes and jump up and down, so happy that they finally called me. If this had happened two or three years ago I would have been so happy, I was always waiting for this phone call. It grew old waiting, waiting for the inevitable. It just seemed pointless. But now? They phone, it sounded urgent, my mother sounded desperate. Which is so out of character for her, she is always so calm and collected, or she always used to be, from what I can remember? I don’t remember much, I block the memories out.

“ALEXIS MELISA KNIGHT! Are you even listening to me?” My extremely annoying yet lovable best friend was screaming in my ear. I pulled my head back from hers and covered my ear with my hand.

“No I wasn’t, and if you continue to scream in my ear I never will be able to.” I smiled at her; it was quite a bitchy smile. Alex copied me perfectly and we both erupted into laughter, I loved this girl. She was the first person I met when I was dumped into this school; we were roomed together and have been ever since. Her parents gave her the choice to come to this school; they wanted the best education for their daughter. I envied her; she had two parents that loved her with all of their hearts. I am so glad she chose to come here, without her I don’t know how I would have managed. Well I have my other friends; there are seven of us in total. Me, Alex, Chris, Jason, Nathan and the twins Gabbi and Issi. I loved them all; they are the family I never had.

Something cold and wet was dripping on my head; I put my hand up and felt a wet patch on my hair. I looked up and saw that Alex was holding a glass of water above my head; she was letting it slowly drip onto my hair.

“Oh My God… what the hell are you doing Alex?” I found this whole situation kind of funny, but I was still mad that she was going to get me wet.

“You NEVER listen; you’re always in a world of your own. I love you Lexi, but come on, pay attention. Or at least pretend that you are.” She put the glass back onto the table and jumped on the bed beside of me. I slapped her leg playfully, laughing at my best friend.

“I love you too Alex, and I’m sorry, I will listen from now on.” I winked at her. She just shook her head and began laughing. I was lying and we both knew I was I would always be in a world of my own. I was one of a kind as my mother use to say, I never really knew why though.

I got off of my bed and walked over to the full length mirror the other side of our room. My red hair was put into a nice high pony tail; it is easier to have it up for school. I love my hair, it isn’t naturally red; I dye it all the time. But I am completely head over heels in love with the red; it’s been red for two years now almost. It is a fire red, the school shouldn’t allow it, you are suppose to have a natural hair colour but they aren’t forcing me to change it. I think it might have something to do with the stress I went through when I first came here, about my parents. I feel like they treat me differently, not that I'm complaining.