CHAPTER TWELVE; HOW HAD JARRED KNOWN?

Lexi’s pov.

“Why did you agree to go out with him Alex? I don’t like him, why are you doing this to me?” So I had started to whine like a little girl but I just didn’t want to spend my evening with Jarred and his brother.

“Oh come on Lexi, what’s the worst that can happen? Beside he is gorgeous! If you don’t want to marry him, I will happily do it for you.” trust Alex to only care about looks, “And before you even say it, I know you have already thought it, NO I do not just care about looks, but I just get a good vibe from him.”

“That’s funny because I get a bad vibe from him, Alex, you’re supposed to be my best friend, and you’re supposed to be on my side.”

“You only get a bad vibe from him because you think you don’t like him. Stop thinking about the marriage and start thinking about him, as a person.”

“That’s the thing though Alex, I don’t know him as a person. I have never spoken to him.”

“Well now is your chance Lexi, please, just give it a try? For me?” her eyes boring into mine, not just her normal eyes; her ‘puppy dog’ eyes. How can I say no to the ‘puppy dog’ eyes?

“Ugh, fine. But you owe me, big time.”

I stormed out of the room and walked over to mine. I am so glad I told Alex to pack a dress just in case, but I am certainly not wearing my dress tonight. I don’t even know where we are going; he could take us to McDonalds for all I know.

I walked into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes; a nice relaxing shower is what I need right about now.

I was in the shower for ages, far longer than I needed to be but the water hitting my back felt so relaxing. It helped me think.

Alex was right, I should give Jarred a chance, so that is what tonight is; his chance.

I got out of the shower and walked into my room, Alex was already sitting on my bed.

“What are you wearing tonight? I was thinking jeans and a top; I don’t want to wear a dress just in case we go bowling or something.”

“Yeah I was thinking the same” which I was, but I also didn’t want to wear a dress because I don’t really like to.

“Great, I’m going to take a shower now, get dressed and then we can do our hair and make-up together.”

“Okay.” I smiled at Alex as she walked out of my room and probably towards hers.

I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed out my favorite ripped skinny jeans. They were dark denim and they were slightly long but I liked that they bunched up at my ankles. I shoved my legs into the designated holes and then searched my wardrobe for a top.

“Alex, can I borrow that blue top of yours. You know the baby blue one.” I knew she would be able to hear me and I didn’t want to risk walking to her room in case Jarred was here and he saw me; topless.

“Yeah, I’ll bring it in, just give me a minute.”

I closed my wardrobe and walked over to my bed. Sitting down I closed my eyes. Tonight would be okay, wouldn’t it? What’s the worst that can happen?

He could be a complete jerk and then you would have to marry him, or did you forget that? You are marrying Jarred no matter what you do!

What was that? It was a harsh voice, like someone who hadn’t had a drink for months. It was definitely a woman though, and it sounded slightly like me.

I am you.

Okay that was weird; I really should stop talking to myself, shouldn’t i?

Yes, yes you should.