CHAPTER TEN; FALLING FOR JARRED

Lexi’s pov.

Alex and I were lying down on our beds, just talking about the trip. I hadn’t mention anything about Jarred yet, if I am honest I wanted to completely avoid the topic but I would answer questions if she asked.

“So how was it seeing your mum and dad?” Alex knew how I felt about them, she knew that I didn’t exactly like them; well I never use to. I now understand why they did what they did but I still don’t like that they did it.

“It was good actually, I didn’t realize how much I missed them.” I sat up on the bed and looked out of the window.

I had missed my parents, a lot.

“Are you going to tell me who this ‘arrogant jerk’ that is ruining your life then?” Alex jumped off of her bed and sat down next to me.

“His name is Jarred…” I didn’t really know how to explain it to her, what if she freaks out and then doesn’t want to be my friend anymore? “Alex you have to promise me you will still be my friend after?”

“What!? Of course I will be Lexi; you are my best friend and always will be no matter what you tell me.” She smiled at me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

I didn’t see the point in beating around the bush; I would end up telling her eventually so I may as well just come straight out with it.

“I have to marry him.”

Alex fell back on the bed laughing; it was as if I told her the funniest joke ever. It kind of annoyed me that she was laughing, I mean this was real. I had to marry this jerk and my best friend is laughing at me.

“Thanks for laughing Alex; I thought we were best friends!” I got off of my bed and started walking towards the door. If she was going to laugh at me I didn’t want to be in this room with her right now.

“No Lexi, wait!” I stopped in my tracks, I may be mad at her but she is my best friend. “I didn’t mean to laugh, I thought you were joking, your not are you?” I just shook my head, I could feel the tears starting to pool in my eyes, and it wouldn’t be long now until I was crying. Great.

“Alex, help me. I don’t want to marry him. There is something about him, I don’t know what but he isn’t right, he isn’t normal.” Not that I am normal either.

“Oh Lexi…” Alex ran towards me, engulfing me in a back breaking hug. “I swear I am here for you, we will get you out of this. But first of all you have to tell me everything, don’t leave a single thing out.”

And that’s exactly what I did; I told her everything about the marriage. I told her that my mum and dad promised me to him when I was little, that it has been my destiny for my whole life. I told her about the dinner we went on and about how he wanted the wedding under the moon. I told her that I loved that idea but I ran out, I ran to Henry. Then I had to tell her all about Henry; she liked him, I could tell. Finally I told her about the connection, that even though I didn’t like him I felt attracted to him.

I didn’t tell her about being a witch though, how could I? I needed to ask my mum first if I could tell Alex.

“If you feel that connection Lexi it can’t be that bad. Maybe you should just give him a chance.”

“I really don’t want to think about him anymore Alex, can we just have our sleepover now, and it is my birthday after all?” we both started laughing; I walked back over to my bed and lay down beside Alex.

“Should we call the others and get them to come over now?” Alex was reaching for her phone, I don’t know why she asked me because she would have gone ahead and done it anyway.