CHAPTER FOURTEEN; THE RHYTHM OF JARRED'S BEATING HEART.

This chapter is dedicated to 'SioSweetie' <3 

She was my FIRST fan and my FIRST comment, I just want to say thankyou!!<3 Please keep fanning and commenting, and also reading!! I Love You!! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexi's pov.

Alex and I decided to go to town today, she was still upset about yesterday and I hated seeing my friend hurt.

I asked my dad last night if he would mind us borrowing his credit card today, I also said we might buy a lot. He did ask me why, but I felt like it wasn't my business to tell him, so I just gave him a brief explanation.

I told him a guy really hurt Alex's feelings last night and in hurting her feelings, he hurt mine. My dad was more than willing to hand his credit card over once I had said that. My dad truly is the best.

“Alex would you hurry up, I have been waiting for at least twenty minutes, how long does it take to put some make-up on?” I swear this girl could take an hour just to brush her teeth.

“Gosh, don't get your pants in a twist. I'm coming!” I cracked a smile, my pants were perfectly fine.

Alex opened her bathroom door and walked out; she was wearing short denim shorts and a vest top. She looked nice, but I bet she was cold.

“Aren't you cold?” she crinkled her nose at me,

“Lexi, dearest, haven't you ever heard the saying 'no pain, no gain' I'll be fine!” she winked at me and headed towards the door; I grabbed her favourite purple cardy and followed her. She will thank me later.

Henry was already waiting outside the car when we got outside,

“Lexi, Alex, where are we off to today?” Henry seemed to be back to his normal bubbly self, I don't know what was wrong with him last night but I still felt a bit stiff around him. It was as if he would snap at any moment, I don't know what I would do when he did but I honestly hope I wasn't there when he did.

“We are going into town, for a girly day.” I smiled at him as I got into the car, Alex followed me in.

We spent the whole car journey talking about things we wanted to buy and things that we should do when we get back to school. I missed times like this; I have really spent much time with Alex just being me and her. We always use to but now we always seem to be with other people or have other plans.

“Shall I pick you two up later?” we were in town already? That was fast, I must have zoned out again, and I hate it when that happens. Yeah, I enjoy my thoughts but sometimes I wish it didn't happen quite so often.

“Yeah that would be great Henry, same place in about four hours.” I got out of the car and linked my arm with Alex's, “You ready to shop till we drop?” Alex smiled at me and we both burst out laughing, this would be a great day, I knew it.

We had been in town for over an hour now and we were only in our third shop. It was a cute little shop; it sold all sorts of clothes. I was waiting for Alex to come out of the changing rooms.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, get your skinny bum out here!” we were the only ones in the shop; it seemed to be a slow morning today.

Alex walked out of the changing rooms in a pair of yellow ripped jeans; she had a pair of royal blue tights on underneath, so in the ripped parts I could see the tights. She had a matching royal blue vest top on that said 'Bite Me' in white writing. Overall she looked amazing.