Group Therapy

Not part of the story 

*Group therapy scene*
Therapist: *insert character's name* would you like to add anything?
Character: no.
Therapist: are you sure? No one here is going to judge you. You can talk about anything I swear. How are you feeling?
Character: *rolls eyes* I'm fine
Therapist: *doubtful stare* cmon now. You need to talk about what's on your mind. It helps. What do you use as a coping method?
Character: nothing.
Therapist: surely that's not possible. You have to use something. There has to be something you go to for comfort.
Character: I don't smoke. Makes my stomach nauseous. I drink on rare occasions. Not even to get drunk. Just to feel lighter at the very least. I don't dig a blade into my wrists. Blood doesn't suit me. I used to write. But I've lost inspiration and motivation. I guess I starve and I sleep. When my stomach growls, most people would think "oh my stomach is growling guess I should go get some food". But not me. I give myself a silent pat on the back. I silently congratulate myself. And I can't tell you why I'm so proud of myself when I step on a scale and see the numbers decrease. But I am. I'm not depressed. I'm just sad. And there's a fine line between being depressed and being sad. I wouldn't call myself fat, but I also wouldn't go around gloating about my weight. I wouldn't say I'm the happiest girl even though I like to laugh a lot. I wouldn't call myself the most loyal but I'll be there for someone anyway I know how. I wouldn't call myself depressed. Just insecure. But it really doesn't matter what I say now does it? Your job is to lie to us. To tell us everything is going to be okay. And yet, how can you possibly know that? You don't. You only have HOPE that things will be okay but truth be told you have no clue. But you're paid to tell us all good things, right? At the end of the day, we all go out the same way we came in: alone. The only one to truly depend on is yourself because what's to say everyone around you won't suddenly leave you outta the blue because they've realized your worth? They've realized you're nothing but a lost cause; a burden; a broken toy that was doomed to be fixed from the start. Life is a horror film. With commercial breaks of happiness. But when that commercial ends, and the movie begins again, reality seeps in. And you finally understand that life is sad. It will always be sad and difficult. Happiness is a rare emotion and the only reason humans developed the word was to put feeling to that emotion in order to fill the lonely void in their soul. Was that enough said or need I say more?
Therapist: *blank stare* ...
Therapist: session dismissed.