Chapter 1: Normality

Edited by @Dragon_Shield

"Just get out of here, ya freak! No one even likes you, so why do you bother to stay?" He snarled out, while his group of friends laughed behind him.

I, on the other hand, stared back at him with a blank look. I really didn't care about his words. They were just that: words. Words never hurt me. They always seemed to go right through me and I made sure my eyes were as guarded as ever. "What are you? Deaf? I said get outta' here, freak!" He shouted, his blue eyes blazing with fire. But I didn't move. All he ever did was talk crap about me. And that was it. He was all bark, and no bite. He never raised his hand to me, and I knew exactly why. At least, I had a good hypothesis. Just as he was about to open his mouth again, his friend tugged him back, mumbling, "Come on, man. She's not even worth it."

I watched as his shoulders sank in relief and an audible sigh left his lips. It was as if he was relieved that he didn't have to keep talking to me like I was a piece of trash. He gave me one last smoldering glare, before he went back inside the school with his friends at his side. The group around me left, and I was left alone once again.

I was used to that though. Being left alone wasn't ever bad to me. It wasn't like I was going to talk even if someone was with me. I was so used to the silence that consumed me, that I became accustomed to it. I rather enjoyed when I was left in my silence. It gave me free time to think. About what? Well, nothing in particular. They were mainly just random thoughts that would pop into my mind.

I walked up the steps to my school, all the while thinking about what just occurred moments ago. It didn't even go over a minute when I stepped onto the school's grounds and the most popular, and dangerous, guy at my school was stood in front of me. I wasn't even scared. If anything, I had rolled my eyes and placed one hand on my hip, as if saying alright. Get on with it. That's when his blue eyes blazed over with a fiery gleam in him, and that's when the usual insults hit me. Except. I didn't feel anything. They were like meaningless strikes that would fly my way, but miss at last second. The words didn't hurt me. They didn't send a pang to my heart. They didn't slap me in the face like a brick wall. They didn't even make me feel insecure about myself or peer pressured. They were just words that caused no harm to me whatsoever.

Luke Carter, was the name of my main bully. Luke Carter, was the name of the most dangerous guy in my school. Luke Carter, was the name of one of the most sought after males in my town. Luke Carter, was the name of another regular guy who tried to bring me down. That exactly what came to my mind whenever I thought about that name. People say he's the most dangerous guy in my school. But I know the truth: Luke Carter is anything but dangerous to me. He's much more than meets the eye. That's a fact.

My mind works in overdrive constantly, which is how I know that there's a reason behind everyone's actions. Of course, I'm still hell bent on anger whenever I think of the day that was five years ago, but I still know that there was a reason behind it. No, the reasons aren't always good reasons. But they're still reasons. In my mind, I know there's some specific reason for the hatred Luke Carter seems to have for me. I've had a lot of haters all my life. I've had plenty people trip me, push me, and even go as far as to punch me in the face when I accidentally run into them. But Luke Carter's hate towards me has always confused me. He's different. And it unnerves me. Instead of acting physically, he acts vocally. He spits out words of venom, but that's it.

Other people always acted violently towards me and never really brought me down using words. It had me wondering why Luke Carter was labeled the most dangerous guy in school. If he really was, then I'm positive he would've acted out violently at least once or twice with me.