Chapter 11~Finnick

"She is made up for depths even the ocean couldn't fathom." --Jessica Katoff

~~~

"Hey Annie," I greet with eyes glowing and my usual smirk.

A couple of Capitol workers walk down the hall of the train. Annie watches them warily as they pass by. Then she pulls me into her room and closes the door. She turns back to me with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen her wear.

"Finn what are you doing here? I thought you said you can't come," Annie asks.

I feign hurt as I put my hand to my chest. "Did you not want me here? I can go if you really want me to."

I begin to turn around, and Annie tugs me back. She laughs and slaps my arm playfully. "Stop it! You know I want you here. So how did you do it?"

My smile wavers a bit, but Annie is too happy to notice. "I asked the Capitol if I could come, and they said yes."

"Just like that?" Annie asks curiously. It wasn't like the Capitol to go back on what they said before. "President Snow was okay with that?"

I shrug my shoulders to appear nonchalant. "I actually got special permission from the man himself," I tell her. I begin walking around the room to hide the fear gripping my chest.

I was second guessing my decision to come along on the trip up until I saw Annie's reaction. The moment I saw how happy I made her, all of my doubts went away. I decided to push the deal I made with Snow aside and just enjoy my time with Annie. After all I'm here for her.

"So I'm all yours for the rest of the tour. Try not to get too annoyed," I joke as I sprawl out on Annie's bed. She laughs at my ridiculous pose and throws a pillow at my face. It falls into my lap, revealing my disgruntled expression.

"I don't think that'll be a problem," she says.

The rest of the tour goes by smoothly. Annie no longer looks as nervous as she did that first day in District 7. She's able to sleep at night and acts more like herself. We go on the tours around the districts together. Then I'm always in the crowd to help Annie in case she stumbles. One night we worked together to write a new speech that actually came from the heart. Not one of the ready made condescending speeches the Capitol provided. We happily burned it in the fireplace. It made great firewood.

Every night the two of us attended the banquets and parties together. We danced and laughed through the entire night. I didn't think it was possible on a Victory Tour, but I was actually enjoying myself.

"Thanks Finn," Annie tells me gratefully. She sits down on the couch next to me, and I turn off the tv where I was flipping through the channels. I can still see the bright colors of the Capitol clothing each time I blink.

"For what? As much as I wish I gave you those that wasn't me," I say referring to the bouquet of flowers in her hands. An Avox comes by and snatches it from her with a polite smile.

"I know. You're not thoughtful enough," she jokes.

I shoot up from my spot lounging on the couch. "Hey!" I shout in indignation. "I am thoughtful!"

"I know, I know! Calm down," Annie laughs as she ruffles my hair from behind and grabs a cupcake from the array of food on the table. The two of us were hanging out in the dining cart, our favorite on the train.

"That's why I'm saying thank you," she says as she hands me a piece of cake. "You came all this way just to be with me. I couldn't have gotten through this tour without you. Now all we have is the Capitol and then we can go back home."