10

"You think I should change my hair?" Emory asked Shyara as she stood in the mirror fingering through her red bob. After running through three different hairstyles she finally decided this was the look she wanted for her grand opening.

 After running through three different hairstyles she finally decided this was the look she wanted for her grand opening

Shy looked up at Em with a smile dancing on the corners of her lips. Although she was more engrossed with a text than what Emory was complaining about, she still replied, "I like it."

Em smacked her lips plopping down in the seat in front of Shy. The two of them were getting pampered together before Em's grand opening. Serenity and Yuri were out getting last minute accessories.

"Bitch, really?!" Em nodded, quickly snatching Shy's phone from her hand. "Your face has been in this phone all day! I need my shit to be on point tonight, so that means you need to pay attention to detail and let me know if something's missing!"

"Bitch," Shyara laughed snatching her phone back. "You're fine! But you knew that already."

Em pretended to sling her hair, "Well... You know." She laughed.

Shyara looked down at her phone with a tight-lipped smile before sending another text. Em eyed her with narrow eyes before shaking her head.

"You and Gutter back on good terms?" Em pried, Shyara rolled her eyes.

"Um, hell no! I'm not in the business of wrecking homes. I'm cool on that."

"Girl... Bye! Obviously the foundation in that home been shaky if he's still sweating you. I'm telling you Shy, you got that nigga open! He whines and complains to Goon constantly." Em stated popping her lips in true hood chick fashion.

"Well he better use that energy to fix his marriage," Shy dropped her phone in her purse and crossed her arms. "Besides, I'm on to something new."

Em frowned at the sound of that. It's not that she didn't want her cousin happy, but she didn't think entertaining someone else while they were still under Gutter was the right move.

"Shy, you sure you wanna play them type of games?" Em asked wide-eyed.

Shy pressed her lips together tightly before letting out an exasperated sigh. No one had yet to ask her about the pain and inconvenience his lies had caused her, but she was supposed to conveniently be open and available to fulfill Gutter's needs?

No, it didn't work like that. After spending more and more time with Josiah, Shy had taken a liking to him. She had the right to explore the possibilities without anyone scolding her.

Sliding her hands down the front of her jeans Shy crinkled her nose. "So, let me get this straight... I'm supposed to act like Gutter's wife didn't just pop out of thin air and ruin every plan I had for OUR future? Just push that shit to the side and continue to pretend like we're just gonna ride off into the sunset?!" She yelled with trembling lips, "Fuck all that! And fuck you if you think that I'm in the wrong!"