6

Gutter was exhausted after his night with Shyara. They stayed up all night making love and discussing random shit. He probably had about an hour worth of sleep. All he wanted to do was come home, shower, and kick back.

Gutter knew he'd have to answer a lot of questions, but what he didn't expect to see was his father-in-law​ waiting up in his den for him.

"Akil," Valentino spoke in his thick accent as soon as Gutter stepped through the door. Cursing himself in his head Gutter prepared himself for the worst.

"Valentino." He spoke, sighing heavily.

"We missed your presence yesterday." Valentino added eyeing Gutter. If looks could kill he'd drop dead where he stood.

"Yeah," Gutter scratched his head. "Something came up that needed my immediate attention."

Valentino chuckled. "You see, now I'm a bit confused... Your business is my business, but I didn't have any business for you yesterday Akil. So, where were you?"

"With all due respect Valentino, my business is not your business. I have other dealings outside of what you and I have going on."

"Like?"

"Like my family, and anything else I choose to do in my private time." Gutter stated, getting a bit agitated.

"Listen to me Akil, and listen good," Valentino stated standing from his seat. "I do what I do for you strictly off the strength of my daughter. You are trash to me! A person of your status wouldn't dare be in the same room as me, so consider it a privilege to do business! When you start to bullshit around and toy with my daughter's heart, that's when we have a fucking problem. You catch my drift?" He asked with a raised brow.

Gutter fought to keep his cool while folding his arms across his chest. Valentino had him fucked up.

"Got it," Gutter stated eyeing Valentino up and down.

Valentino smirked before patting Gutter's face. "Good. Now go make your wifey happy! She's been crying all night."

Gutter flexed his jaw and headed towards his bedroom. He had to put the dolls in motion ASAP to get ahold of that new connect.

Valentino had crossed too many lines, and there was no coming back from that.

"Really?!" Carmen spat as soon as Gutter stepped foot inside their room.

"On the real Carmen, I'm not in the mood right now," Gutter expressed removing his clothes.

"You're not in the mood?! Are you fucking serious right now Akil?" Carmen yelled. "You spend the night outside our home when you knew my parents were flying in, and you waltz your ass in here stating how you're not in the mood?!"

Gutter sat on the edge of the bed rubbing his temples. Valentino had already put him in a sour mood, but Carmen was about to send him over the edge.

"Check this out, I'm tired as fuck and all I wanna do is lie down and get some rest. If this is what you plan to do, let me know now so I can bounce!"

"Akil, are you fucking kidding me right now?! You don't get to walk in here and act like it's all good between us! Where did you spend the night?" Carmen spat with tears falling down her face.

Gutter wanted to feel bad, but he couldn't muster up a fuck to give. He was done feeling like he owed the Valentino family something.

"Mannn," he sighed standing up and putting his clothes back on. Carmen stood in front of the door blocking Gutter's path so he couldn't exit. "Look out Carmen!" He yelled.