18

Emory squinted her eyes as the sun peeked through the blinds putting an end to her comfortable slumber. The arm gripping her waist  caused the slight grin that was now covering her face. Not only did Goon introduce Emory to his parents, but his mother Gwendolyn practically adopted Em as her daughter.

Gwendolyn made Emory feel more than comfortable.

She expressed that Em was family now and she didn't have to face anything on her own. Whether it was concerning the baby or not, Em was always welcome in their home. A disastrous day turned into the perfect night. Gwen liked Em so much that She and Goon ended up sleeping over because the conversations between the two lasted all night.

Of course, out of respect for Goon's parents, nothing went down with Emory sleeping over. It was simply being in this space with Goon that had Em geeked.

It may have been silly to some people, but Em felt accomplished. She slept in Goon's childhood bed, and had since been sleeping over at his home, in his adult bed, where they were able to be young, wild, and free.

For years Goon would stunt like it was too much of a hassle to make shit exclusive with Emory, embarrassed at the way she carried herself. Rolling on her side, Emory took her hand and softly stroked Goon's cheek until his eyes fluttered open.

"Sup Em, you good?" Goon mumbled, barely awake. This was the first time in weeks Goon had gotten a good night's rest. He had been ripping and running trying to put new shit in motion.

With another baby on the way, Goon had to get it.

"Mhm," Emory pecked his lips. "Wake up sleepy head."

"Damn Em," Goon groaned, stretching his body out while still in bed. "What time is it ?"

"Eight."

"In the morning?" Goon shot back animatedly, Em chuckled lightly. She knew from the heavy snoring Goon was doing that he was tired, but Em was starving.

"Definitely not night. Get up, I'm hungry." Em whined. Goon placed a pillow over his head. "Come onnnn."

"What the fuck Em, you couldn't wait until ten?" He fussed.

"I probably could if you had some damn food in here," Em frowned. "I can go without you, I just didn't want to hear your mouth."

"Damn your ass is annoying," Goon groaned playfully, rolling out of bed. He wasn't really tripping off Em waking him up, he had shit to get done anyhow.

Emory grinned as she watched Goon walk into the bathroom to handle his morning hygiene. The past couple of days had been magical for the two of them and Em was not ready for it to end. For the first time in a long time, Emory's mind was quiet. She wasn't overthinking, or overreacting. Em was simply being.

Goon exited the bathroom and eyed Em suspiciously, "Hell you smiling for?" He asked spotting the goofy grin on her face.

"I had fun with you," Em expressed in all seriousness. "It's been a long time since we just vibed on some genuine shit, no bullshit."

"Yeah, but there's still other shit we need to handle," Goon shot her a knowing glance.

Em sucked her teeth. "Why you always gotta do that?"