7

Jay was sitting at his computer desk engrossed in whatever it was he was doing while Serenity was laid out on his couch. The two of them didn't discuss any specifics, but Serenity was hiding out at his place to dodge Shyara's wrath. She'd been by Jay's for two days now, and they had yet to discuss their situation.

"How much longer are you gonna be?" Serenity asked, tired of ignoring the issue.

"Gimme about an hour. Why what's up?" Jay shot over his shoulder. Serenity sat up on the couch tucking her feet under her butt.

"I figured we'd talk about this situation and figure some things out." She shrugged.

"I mean, there's nothing we can do until the baby comes. I'm cool with you being here and all, but I don't know what it is we need to discuss."

"You don't know what we need to discuss," Serenity chuckled. "Wow Jay, well I guess I'll head back home now." She stated getting up to gather her things. Serenity made her way to the door with her bag before Jay jumped up stopping her.

"Wait," he called out grabbing Serenity by the waist. Jay nuzzled his nose in her neck. "I'm sorry, Aite. This shit just... It caught me off guard." He explained.

Serenity sniffled. "You don't think I was caught off guard too Jay! I don't need you giving me ass to kiss right now."

Jay kissed Serenity's cheek and just held her for a second.

"You fucked me up Ren," he confessed. "Hearing that there was someone else, how am I supposed to feel right now?"

"I made a mistake." Serenity explained.

When Jay told her he wasn't willing to date her exclusively without Shy's blessing, Serenity took that as rejection. Instead of being a woman and letting her sister know what was up, she chose to leave Jay and do her own thing.

Of course, that didn't work being that she loved him, but here they were.

"I get that, but damn Serenity." Jay sighed, pulling her over to the couch. He pulled Serenity onto his lap.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean for this to happen. Now Shy probably hates me! I just need someone in my corner right now Jay." Serenity cried.

"You know Shy loves you with everything in her. She's just upset, and rightfully so. You gotta stop keeping secrets Serenity."

"I know," she sighed.

"Have you spoken to Shy since the other day?" Jay asked already knowing the answer to that question. He had already talked with Shyara to let her know Serenity's whereabouts.

"No, I don't even know what to say to her," Serenity wiped her eyes. "What were you so focused on?" She asked changing the subject.

"Oh shit," Jay hopped up going back over to his laptop. "I was getting Shy and the gang this little bartending gig for an exclusive party."