9

Emory thought her eyes were playing tricks on her when she walked out of the old apartment building and saw Goon's car parked in the cut. Easing beside the brick building she pulled out her phone and called him up.

 Easing beside the brick building she pulled out her phone and called him up

"Yeah?" Goon answered, not really paying attention to his surroundings. Em watched him intently while speaking.

"Hey, what you up to?" She asked, hoping her mind was playing tricks on her.

"Shit, slow motion around my way. Everything good with the shop?"

"Mhm, preparing for the grand opening. Where are you? I'm trying to meet up for lunch." Em lied, just seeing if her suspicions were right.

"Damn Em, I'm not even in the city right now. How about I hit you when I get back and we do dinner?"

Em's nostrils flared as a burning crept up in her chest. Instead of leaving as she planned to, she eased back inside the apartment.

"Cool, see you then." Em stated hanging up. She stood near the living room window staring out at Goon through the blinds. Once he exited the car she tiptoed into one of the bedrooms.

Not even a minute later Emory heard the front door open. She squeezed her eyes tightly to stop the tears from falling.

"Liz?" Goon called out, walking around the filthy apartment. He hated coming over to her fucked up place, but a deal was a deal.

Elizabeth stumbled from her room to the living room. She was going through withdrawals and seeing Goon instantly brightened up her mood.

"What you know good?" Liz asked in a singsong voice that made Emory want to kill her herself.

For years all Elizabeth ever cared about was her next high. Em couldn't remember a time they ever had a decent conversation, family night, or even a meal together.

She could vividly remember finding her mom OD'd time after time though. She could also remember when she'd allow strange men in their rooms to feel them up claiming it was to help make her feel better. Emory watched her sister lose her virginity to a man old enough to be their grandpa and Elizabeth stood there and watched proudly because she knew what the payment was.

At this moment all of those memories flashed in Emory's mind.

Goon was her sanctuary, he knew the demons she battled, and how her mom's addiction affected her. So for him to show up to serve her after letting Em cry on his chest on numerous occasions, that was definitely a low blow.

Wiping away tears Em pulled her gun from her purse. She tried hard to pull her emotions together before facing the two of them. She never wanted Liz to know how much she had damaged her, but the proof was in the pudding. Emory turned out to be everything she never wanted, and it was all because her mom taught her to be an object.

Sex was love in Emory's eyes, at least until she met Goon. Although he played tough, Goon was different... Or so she thought. Now Em was seeing him for what he was, a snake ass nigga.