Chapter 27 - This Moment!

Georgia's P.O.V. 

Despite the lack of sleep I had, I was wide awake. More awake than ever - actually. Harry was pacing the foyer of the hospital as we waited for news on Gemma. 

If I was worried, I can't imagine what Harry must be feeling... This is his sister, one of his best friends, the girl he grew up next to. 

Even though I have also known Gemma for a very long time, I still feel as though her and I are not as close as I am with the rest of the family. 

"People waiting on news for Gemma Anne Styles?" A doctor asked from the hallway. 

Harry and I immediately rushed over to the doctor to greet her. 

"Yes! Is she okay? Will she live? Can I see her?" Harry rushed. I grabbed his hand to calm him down and shut him up so the doctor could speak. 

"Ms Styles will be fine. She has a minor concussion and is in a forced coma at the moment but she should be awake anytime soon." 

"Oh, thank god!" Harry says, squeezing my hand and then releasing his grip. 

I pull him into a cuddle before he says "Can we go see her now?"

"Yes, you may." The doctor states. "She's in room 798." 

Harry and I walk hand-in-hand down the hallway towards Gemma's room before we come to the room labelled 798. 

I open the door and walk through first. 

Gemma is lying there, lifelessly. Bruises, cuts, and tubes all over her face and body. Honestly, she looked terrible.

I hear a whimper from next to me and I see that it is Harry. 

"Baby, it's going to be okay. She's going to be alright. The doctor just said so herself." 

"I know, it's just that it was such a nice surprise and it got ruined... and it's a fucking fantastic start to my birthday." 

"Calm down, honey. It's okay... We can just lay on this couch here for a while and wait till she wakes up. " 

Harry and I lay down on the couch next to each other, spooning. His arm is around me and I am cuddled up to his chest behind me. 

About 3 hours later, I wake up from my sleep from Harry's loud snoring. I get up from the couch and go to the bathroom just inside Gemma's room. While in the bathroom, I take a look at my face. I look like I was the one in the accident. My hair is everywhere, I have black bags underneath my eyes and my cheeks are all puffy - also from the lack of sleep. 

Walking back into the room, I see my phone sitting on the table beside the couch. 

I pick it up and notice the time was 10am. Wow! I've been asleep for ages! 

I shoot a quick text to Eleanor and Louis, thanking them for looking after Darcy while Harry and I were here at the hospital. 

I felt a kick in my stomach and started to rub it, soothing the little boy or girl that was inside. 

"Hi baby, mummy's here.. Not too long before you come into the world... Only another 4 months and we'll be back here but in happier circumstances. I'm sure daddy just can't wait to hold you and neither can I. We are going to love you so much! Your older sister will just adore you but you have to share. Mummy and Daddy love you."

"And Aunty Gemma" I heard someone say before realising that it was Gemma herself. 

"Gem, you're awake! Oh thank god!" 

"I'm so glad I'm awake too. How's Harry doing. Was he upset that I ruined his birthday?" 

"He was a little frustrated that this incident happened on your birthday but he definitely doesn't think you ruined it!" 

"I'm glad. How's bubba doing? I heard you talking to her/him before. Are you excited?" 

"Yes, very excited but very nervous! I'm hoping I'm a good mother! I don't want my second child to feel like I'm a bad mother... Or for Darcy to get neglected by all the attention we are giving the new baby - these things just stress me out!"

'Listen, you're the best mother - apart from my own - that i've ever known! Do not put yourself down Georgia. You're an amazing mother! Plus, I'm always here to help if you need me." 

'Thanks Gem"

"Gem, you're awake!" Harry says sitting up quickly, getting a headrush! 

"I am, don't you knock yourself out too with the whole sitting up quickly."

We all just laughed. We sat in the hospital room for the rest of the morning before going home and having a party for Harry's birthday. Gemma got released from the hospital so for now, it's all good! :)

Let's just hope nothing else happens! I'm happy now that I've got my whole family with me! :) 

xxx Georgie! Sorry, first post in ages! But it's an update hey! 

Also, ignore the sorry note, I have no idea what I am going on about! 

TOODLES! xxxx :)