Alluring In Blood -13

.

__________________________________________________________________

         “Audrey slow down,” Landon screamed as I dragged his foot across the forest. It took me hours to make my way home to Landon and it’s taking twice as long to find the spot. “My back is bloody scarred now!” I rolled my eyes and ignored his shrieking.

What is up with men and their girly shrieks? First Jason and now Landon.

        “I could walk you know!” Landon continued his girly screams. I bit my cheeks not growl at him. My patience is thin today.

“You’re too slow and you kept asking me questions.” I muttered somewhat defensively. I wanted to open the door but something in my core kept warning me against it and well…for the first time I listened to that warning.

I regretted it.

        I huffed at my aching legs and dropped Landon’s leg abruptly as I spotted the tree trunk engraved with x. He groaned and tried to stand up only to fall over to clutch his abdomen.  “Landon, man up you’re a pirate aren’t you?” I muttered as my eyes scanned the spot.

        “Try being dragged against rocks and razor sharp twigs.” Landon murmured standing up shakily. I puffed out my cheeks irritated and continued my search. “So what are you looking for anyway?” he asked before he started drinking Caelian from his flask he always kept with him.

        “There was this…metal door it stood just in the middle of this spot, without any support.” I said absentmindedly. Landon twisted me around to face him; he had a serious expression on. “What kind of metal door? be more specific Audrey.”

         I shrugged. “Yeah cause underneath my vampire exterior I’m involved with types of metal doors.” I answered sarcastically. Landon rolled his eyes and let his hands off my shoulders. “So any ideas…what is it?”

        “No, but I heard rumors of a door traveling through Neurombel, no one entered it before but its rumored to hold treasure of the Masons.” Landon said settling into scholar tale mood. “Masons are a tribe in the early years of earth, discovered a way to turn sand into gold. They were skilled in magic beyond witches even. In the end they were killed by demons but a few Masons managed to escape and create this portal for them to live safely.”

        Well since it’s a portal it defiantly isn’t The Gateway, Eilith and Vienna talked about with me on my first day. “Not the answer you were looking for, right?” I nodded grimly.

“Can we lengthen my leaving time? I don’t want to leave just yet.”

       “You’re staying for a door and not me?” Landon asked jokingly, I smiled in agreement shamelessly. I wasn’t prepared to throw everything out the door for love or in our case a crush, but the Mason’s door (if it’s for the Mason’s) seemed to hold answers and I had little doubt it’s just treasure like the rumors announced.

“You…didn’t meet any other mates, did you?” Landon asked bluntly.

        “No...” I told him slowly, quickly piecing the evidence. “Okay well we should get going,” I ordered slightly distracted. “I got lessons with Eilith any moment.”

“Well since I’m your first,” Landon grinned. “How about I take you on a date today after Eilith?”

       “M-m-me?” I stammered halting to the stop. I’ve never been on a date with being trapped home and all that.

         “No I’m just practicing on that tree by the side, so I can go ask a mermaid.” I punched his arm a little roughly. “I’d love too, thanks Landon.” Landon grabbed my hand and we walked home with my heart jumping wildly against my ribcage.