Alluring In Blood -24

I groaned as the pain increased all over my body. Why me? I always seemed to be the target in this world. Rolling over, I tensed against the concrete. The dirty smell of the alley still lingering, as well as the dead silence that proved I was still nowhere outside of Lockin.

          Lifting my head with a small twist, I let out a moan of despair. Quinn was laying down with her head facing me, wide eyes looking at me without emotions. Wait a second. Propping myself on my elbows, I stared at Quinn with disbelief.

          Dead. As if that vacant face wasn’t enough, the blood around her torso should be. I looked at my own body and saw myself covered in blood as well. Wondering if it was the same blood, I took a sniff and concluded it was Quinn’s.

Who did this? No one was in sight.

          Taking deep breathes I went into meditation mode. Something the nurse insisted I learn along with Dakota, not that I minded now. It’d definitely come in handy for these days ahead.

          “Did you just kill my alley?” A voice roared. Something told me I shouldn’t be frozen in my spot but running. Did you hear that voice? It’s deeper than deep.

          Following the sound, I saw Jason. Immediately I relaxed my stiff posture and grinned. He’s no threat, as much as he tried. “No, she tried to kill me. I was accepting some sympathy at the very least if not apologies for Quinn’s behavior.”

Jason scowled and stormed into the alley, the scowl never wavering. “Quinn’s behavior?”

          “Well, obviously it’s so unlike Quinn to go around spearing people like fish. Or am I the exception since I’m not like you guys?” I spat out. Knowing how to manipulate it, I waited patiently with pained eyes daring him to contradict me.

          “You are one of us. It’s just sector 9.” Jason muttered defensively, with the mood shift of a puppy. He eyed me and I shifted uncomfortably, wondering if he knew my game but he couldn’t. not so much as he practically is giving me the answers.

All I needed to know is about sector 9 then I can get into the Dakota . “Sector 9?”

          “It’s when one of the team members gets affected by a curse. Some turn into- well just like Quinn, I suppose. And I don’t know what happened to the others. No one is supposed to know what the other teams are going through with their own ally.”

          “Dakota got kidnapped by some mist then…” I said with an uncomfortable twitch. It would have been easier if she died. Quinn could have killed me and I would be back outside of Lockin, being fed with the information. Now I’m stuck with Jason who seemed prepared to kill me as he returned to his seething in anger state.

          “Guess so. Unless everyone dies then you have to find her.” Jason answered with a shrug. I frowned at his attitude. He didn’t care about his Quinn other than she was a chess game of a ally. Nor that Dakota was kidnapped- which I thought he should since the game wouldn’t end till she was found.

He suddenly seemed colder than I did.

Not that I’m cold or anything. Jason was uncaring with the whole façade that was happening.

“Right.”

          “Bye.” Jason turned to leave. And I let him, I couldn’t take a chance of him killing me and return to the outside, only to be frozen. Not to mention, I had a doubt that the world really froze.

          Weighing the dagger in my arm, ignoring the blood that seemed to weigh me down, I closed an eye and aimed at Jason’s back. Oh I’m so going to regret it but since no one dies, what the hell.