Alluring In Blood -2

Yes the Boarding school is cliche but I'm afraid it's a vital necessity for this story or the plot will fail and whatnot. Not to mention it's not easy sticking creatures into the human world and expect them to go unnoticed, is it? Consider it a village if you want an all uncliche story.

_____________________________________________________________________________

     I groaned trying to settle myself comfortably, I hate waking up it’s the worst feeling, all that grogginess and a slight migraine as well as the sand paper tongue.

“Morning Audrey,” Sabina whispered. “She is up, right Dakota?”

     I rolled sideways detecting a faint smell of roses, feathers and musk. I raised my head suddenly curious at the strange smell. I was in a room painted white with pitch-dark furniture, the rose fragrance was coming from the mattress beneath me and the pillow was the soft feather type that my head sunk as soon as I laid back down facing a wide door that I supposed leads to the bathroom. Not my usual sea-foam green room.

     “Hey, Audrey we need you to drink this.” A husky voice said, I assumed it was Dakota. “Sabina leave us for a moment please.” Sabina agreed quietly and shut the bedroom door after her, I got up on my elbows and came face to face to a drop-dead gorgeous blonde, jealousy spiked through me but I pushed past it and kept my face neutral.

     She almost slammed my face with the large glass that was filled with white stuff, I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the smell. “What exactly is that?” I muttered trying to breathe in as little as possible as I talked. "Why am I here?" the memories returned, my eyes widened.

     Dakota grimaced. “Afraid it’s Utburd’s blood.” I scowled at the glass. "Yeah, like I'm gonna drink that offered by a stranger." I hissed, Dakota simply rolled her eyes and kept the glass under my nose. "I said no!" I spat out forcefully, I pushed her away, and crawled to the edge of the bed struggling with the sheets to stand up, when I finally managed I staggered to the pillar.

     "You’re quite the drama queen, I wasn't expecting that." Dakota muttered, I stopped leaning by the close pillar and glared daggers. "Utburd blood strengthens you." Dakota said lightly waving the glass around, my eyes followed it.

     "Promise?" I muttered childishly. Dakota nodded sweetly and held the glass to me. "After I drink this, you know I'm gonna run right?" I warned sympathetically, Dakota just shrugged uncaring. I took slow steps shakily reaching the glass, I plugged my nose and drank the glass in one gulp. "Oh, I feel...happy?" I asked curiously, I felt the drink mingle with my blood quickly.

Dakota smiled evilly. "Great, now get dressed, I can manipulate if you need your time."

     I stopped studying the room and returned to Dakota. "Manipulate, care to explain?" I sang brightly, I tried to frown but my smile only got wider. "What is this crap? I can't get mad!" I exclaimed happily my smile only getting bigger as I struggled to feel anger. "Utburd blood makes you stronger? Ha!" I muttered giggling.

     Dakota doubled over and started laughing, I also heard laughter on the other side of the wall. I grinned sweetly and turned to Dakota. "How long am I going to stay like this?" I chirped. Dakota stopped and twisted her head slightly to look at me, can you guess what she did then? Yeah, more laughing.

     Dakota gasped out words between her laughs. "Until...you’re peaceful...with...us." I gasped and felt my eyes widen. "No, I'm gonna kill you," I shrieked jokingly, why did it come out as a joke? "I'm not joking," I added after an afterthought.

     I skipped lightly to Dakota and hugged her, I bubbled with laughter. "Hugging? Really, I wanted to choke you." I whispered against her hair. I pulled back smiling. "I really hate you right now."