Alluring In Blood -20

_______________________________________________  

       I could laugh and somehow say everything I’ve done in my life was just how I planned and I’m perfectly blessed and over the moon about it. However, I can’t because that would be a lie, that lie would be a sin, and that very sin would lead me to Hell.

       I lied before, many times actually, even lied after we escaped from Hell but knowing Devin could easily come after me in the place I thought was safe, stripped me from the power I held. The power of mockery, to sin and mock Devin whenever I pleased, taken away too soon from me.

       Would I lie now and say I’m fine? That simple white lie that everyone says at least twice a day, just as people say good morning because it’s out of either manners or thoughts of it actually turning your day sunny and only each night you realize it was nowhere near a good day.

       People taught and learned to lie with those simple fabrications without knowing they earned themselves a ticket to Hell. The perfect trap set by Devin and his demons.

       I opened my eyes and immediately greeted by Jason and Landon who looked tired and ragged, Dakota on the other bed beside me asleep. The moon lighting the room and casting eerie shadows, I focused my eyes on Landon’s face for safety.  

       Landon stood up from the rickety chair and sat on my bed gently. “How are you Audrey? You gave everyone a fright when you two passed out.”

So would I still lie to keep my friends out in the dark?

“I’m fine.”

       Landon drew out a sigh of relief and leaned his forehead against mines but pulled away a few inches, close enough that I felt dizzy. “What really happened with you? Don’t lie to me now.” He whispered, so low that if my ears sensory hadn’t increased I would have never picked it up.

      “Devin killed Drew,” I whispered back confused to why he wouldn’t have painted the two together. “He killed him inside these walls. He could come in and take us anytime he’d like now.”

      “That’s impossible Audrey.” Landon said smoothly, I couldn’t help but narrow my eyes. What if Devin set Landon and Julian to kill Drew. I’ve known him for such a short time, maybe Devin knew Landon was a mate and I would succumb to him quickly.

      The way he broke the glass so easily, the way he appeared everything inside me broke, the way he makes me promise but knowing me that’ll never accept his promises and go against them even.

No they aren’t even real reasons, I’m thinking too much of it. 

      “But I smelt blood and cinnamon.” Feeling childish of my thoughts, Landon is not working for Devin. He’s not working for Devin, I repeated.

“And?”

      “It’s his smell Landon!” I said not bothering to keep my voice down now. Landon jumped back, muffled my voice with his hand and scowled at me. “No Audrey, your just imagining things.” I pushed him away and breathing heavily with sudden anger.

      “I’m not crazy, I’m not crazy.” I whispered angrily. “Get out Landon!” Landon hesitated and looked at me with sad eyes. “Leave me alone.” I said wearily with pleading eyes, the anger quickly draining me until I felt empty again.

       I wasn’t mad at Landon, I was mad because he was right. I was slowly going crazy ever since I fell down the cellar. No, ever since I entered the supernatural world.

       Landon shrugged and walked out of the hospital with a visible slump of his shoulders. I turned to look at Jason who was just staring at me with a vacant expression. “What do you want?” I asked venomously.