Alluring In Blood -7

______________________________________________________________________

        "It'll be okay Sophia," Maria murmured quietly, tenderly stroking my hair. "He'll soon forget it." I shook slightly knowing her words were empty, but I didn't push her away like with everyone else, Maria was a mother to me.

        "Maria, what do I do? I can't do it, I know I can't!" I sobbed against her sharp shoulder blade soaking her maid uniform. "I can't watch him die then move on like nothing has happened, can I?" I pushed away and looked at her with hopeful eyes, wishing Maria had a word that could erase every pain and event that passed.

        "Sophia, you know I cannot do anything, my sweet." Maria whispered, I knew this pained her twice as more as me, he was just the son Maria couldn't have. I only cried harder at those words. "I-"

        "MARIA!" The king roared, his voice bouncing off the castle walls, I shuddered and saw Maria do the same. "Don't worry, I'll try to come back Sophia, I love you my angel." Maria whispered, pecking my forehead softly before she bolted out of my room and locked it with one of the duplicate keys she stole.

        I shakily stood up knowing I should prepare myself for when Father called for me. I crossed over to the closet and picked a random dress, the same ones that I used to care and cherish for each time I see the package from Paris, now they lay in the closet hardly seeing light.

           I slowly dressed myself leaving the corset for when one of the chambers maid arrived to assist me. I did my braids in the usual fashion ignoring the mirror that held the shadows and pain of Rosalie. Small screams haunted my walls but I long give up ignoring the screams. The screams only I hear. I knew this castle was cursed, and having a victim like myself locked up in the same room Madam Rosalie died in only encouraged the screams to mock and taunt me.

          I winced at the pain, I patted my slightly bloated stomach imagining the beautiful baby cradled within my arms, safe and sound from the entire world. I knew this vision was farfetched, Father swore on Mother's grave this child will burn in hell before it'll even have a chance to open its eyes to the world.

          The future queen of Barceló impregnated by the care keeper of the castle, what a scandal it would be if the word got out, the future queen of Barceló who had dozens of rich, handsome, and superior princes after her, threw that away for a care keeper who promised her no future.

          The names Father used against me would have the dead prostitutes thrashing in their graves, I was beaten up the day they found us together in bed. The screams of pain continued when I found out days later locked up in my room that I was with child, Father returned with a whip that day.

          Cursed to suffer from true love, destined to rule a kingdom I despised, obliged to marry a foolish prince that has no interest other than the wealth and body of mines.

          The tears continued down my face, and the screams cooed enjoying the taste of my pain, I sighed as the maids arrived to prepare me for the meeting that I dreaded.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

        "Morning," I grunted as I dragged myself to the kitchen. "Ileana, where is all the food?" I called out bitterness laced heavily within my tone, gripping the fridge handle to steady myself from ripping her canvas to shreds. "How do pictures even finish off the entire fridge?"

"Magic, anyway we only borrowed the butter, whipped cream, ice cream and-"

         "Stop stop stop!" I cried out disgusted, the pain in my throat for sugar died out at the image of Pablo using my food on Ileana. "Just..."