Alluring In Blood -15

“You ready?” Landon asked. I nodded, clutching the swaying rowboat with white knuckles. Landon opened his mouth to say something but nothing came up except a sigh.

      “Right,” I muttered under my breath. I looked at the calm ocean, it seemed to reflect everything that happened today.

       After I spent hours crying from the shock of transportation, and a near death experience (Ispolin is not a giant to be messed with), and seeing my friends in those strange spheres, I went and had a severe anxiety attack on Landon and the girls.

      Next gotten myself drugged by swallowing a mug of tea that Vienna spiked with morphine, and as soon as I blinked, awake, Landon took me to say a quick goodbye to the girls, managed to stuff some of the food Eilith made for me, went off shore immediately, and here we are now.

In a little blue rowboat, each wondering if we’re doing the right thing for the past hour.

       Landon dipped himself into the waves, held on to the side of the boat and waited for me. I blinked and turned to the distant island that Eilith and Vienna resided at, only an hour ago we bid farewell with tears and hugs. Well Vienna didn’t look to sad for me, maybe it was more for Landon leaving.

      I looked back at Landon with fresh tears. He can’t come with me, he has to return to the pirates. We never even had that date. I shook myself out of the thoughts, I wouldn’t be the type to throw everything for a boy. I said I wasn’t and I’m sticking to my word.

     Instead, I focused on the events, except my mind kept going back to Landon and my lessons. I didn’t even find out what my skills are. I burned those flowers, didn’t I? but I had a feeling it was Julian. I pinched myself and focused on the water and getting myself in.

     Letting out a small yelp as the cold water embraced me, I grabbed Landon’s hand and he gave me a type of seaweed to chew on. “It’ll help you sink faster and breathe underwater.” Was all he said, I didn’t want to look at his face anymore. It held to much pain.

      I chewed on the slimy item, willing it to go down my throat. When it finally did, I sank into the depths, my ears popping. Landon joined me as I sank, soon reaching the sand underneath it took Landon only a few seconds to land beside me.

      It felt weird breathing underwater. I kept holding my breath out of instinct as much as I can before gasping and swallowing the water that went down casually, not overriding my lungs.

      Landon started calling out for the siren in a weird airy voice. It took a while so I studied the area, only noticing everything was neon-like. The fish resembled puckered lips instead of the usual shapes.  Tiny lizard, opened disk-like wings spinning around us creating eerie lights in the humid glow of the ocean. The plants had a bright texture to them, yellow and green leaves with pale worms nibbling on them. None of the animals I recognized even after all my years of watching Animal Planet. There even was a willow tree swaying a little farther from us. At least I think it’s a willow.

     “You’d be wanting a kiss?” a serene voice asked. Startled I looked to see a beautiful woman curving into a fit human body until reaching the waist it became a siren’s tail. Her blue hair twirled with calmness around her face that was set into a snarl. I felt a pang as her hair reminded me to much of Zorya.

      Landon, thankfully, answered for me since I seemed to be in a trance. Was it me or was there something about that siren that screamed danger? That all her words have double meaning, and she haven’t even spoken anything to strike my suspicion.

    “Yes, --“ Landon started but stopped when the siren held her hand out and swam to me. She picked my black hair with distaste then let it float back, scowled at my ragged features, and shook her head.