Alluring In Blood -26

“I’m not even going to answer the stupidity of that question.We’ll meet your own kind, and then be my guest. Maybe it’s the only way to convince you.”

          I remembered the moment I hesitated causing the invitation to go until midnight. “Yes, we go now!” I blurted out quickly. Why am I repeating this day? No matter, it just made everything easier.

          Then I knew why everything was on repeat. The event with the Gemini guy on the bridge must have meant that the door would reset the entire day, not just a few hours behind to the Lockin moment. That left me joyous, that I had a chance to escape Lockin and not relive all that.

At least I didn't have to wonder what dark force was surrounding me, leaving me to relive each day.

A knock sounded. “Come on Audrey! We’re going to be late.”

“If I hadn’t seen the new boy just now, I would definitely say they were—“

“Shut up, Sabina.”

          “Honestly, nice to see you taking the death of the love of your life so well. Thought there would be more tears or something. ”

“Now you wish. So be it.” Ileana whispered.

“Aren’t you coming Audrey?” Sabina called out, knocking even harder now.

My brain stumbled along itself, to come up with a decent excuse.

          “Afraid not, something came up. Headmaster wishes to see me, you two carry on.” Ileana called in my voice. I frowned slightly surprised she had the ability to do so but kept quiet.

          “Fine, let’s go Sabina.” Dakota murmured, her voice edging on the side of menace. No doubt, Sabina was still getting her treatment to lounge on the rooftop, whether I’m to watch or not.

          “Shall we do it already?” Ileana suggested. At her words, there was a shift in the air. As if by choosing this road instead, everything was to change. Still, my mind seared with the events, unforgettable no matter what.

A good dose of some potion that makes you forget would work, but let’s not give anyone ideas.

“Yeah why not.” I shrugged, showing my bravado.

          “Close your eyes and don’t dare to peak. It’ll only result with your eyes to be removed.” Ileana instructed, already starting to perform some ritual. I cringed and did as told, not wanting to test that threatening tone of hers.

          Nothing seemed to happen. Patience was something I needed to work on, because, soon I started struggling to keep my eyelids from flickering open.

          “Stay still!” Ileana commanded with a growl. Ileana’s voice sounded alarmingly close for my liking, that on instinct, I opened my eyes. “Is following orders that hard for you?”

          “Only from you, Ileana.” I tossed back smugly. It took me a moment to realize that Ileana was not part of the canvas anymore. She was roaming freely, not to mention, wielding the most sinister smile. “I’m kidding! Ha-ha. I need to work on my humor and…” I trailed off glumly and stared vacantly at her.

          “Always jesting to hide the fear you feel.” Ileana laughed. Certainly, it wasn’t for my humor, more like, the fact that she knew I agreed with those words. Still not enough to voice out the agreement aloud though.

“Let’s just go.”

Ileana pouted. “Oh Audrey, you’ve always been naïve.”

          “Is that so.” Not bothering to turn my voice into a questioning one, what is the point of doing so?  “I could have been doing something useful so come on before I decide to return to Lockin.”