Little White Lies

Alice's POV

"We're not a couple" I told Maura.

"Well, you make a cute one" she insisted. I really like her but that moment if I had the chance to slap her, I would pleasantly do it. I was ready to answer but Niall did it for me.

"Mom stop it!" he said.

"Yeah right I'm sorry" she apologised and we continued eating.

After we finished me, Niall and Zayn went upstairs to my room. They were talking about football and I wasn't that interested so I zoned out for a while thinking that the last time I was here I hated Zayn and now we spent almost every day together. Life is a weird thing, but I choose to be happy. And if I'm happy with him then I don't want to change anything at all.

"Alice what do you think?" Niall asked me.

"Sorry what?" I asked confused.

"About the championship" Zayn explained with a werious expression.

"I couldn't care less about the championship" I laughed and Niall gave me a playful punch on the arm.

"Alice, I didn't tell you, but you look gorgeous today" Niall told me and Zayn glared at him. If looks could kill this one would have instantly killed him. I can't believe he's jealous of Niall. He's my brother but Zayn will always be Zayn. Though, they say jealousy is a sign of true love.

"Yeah she doesn't need you to tell her that" Zayn came a little closer to me.

"What's your problem, I just gave her a compliment" Niall snapped. Oh my God, it was going so good until now, why do they have to fight?

"You're not allowed to give her compliments then!" Zayn shouted.

"And who are you to say that?"

"Hey guys enough! Zayn calm down, Niall is my brother!" I tried to stop them.

"Whatever" Zayn said "When are we leaving?" he asked.

"I don't know, in a few?" I answered.

"Why don't you stay here for a few days?" Niall asked and Zayn glared at him.

"I may come a few days at summer, I don't know"

"Yeah and I'll come too" Zayn added, clearly frustrated.

"I think we should get going" I said with a smile to act cool before they start fighting.

"Yeah let's go" Zayn agreed.

We all stood up and went downstairs. I said goodbye to my dad and Maura. I also greeted the maids and then Zayn and I went to the train station. While we were on the train we were listening to music until Zayn decided to break the awkward silence.

"Do you like Niall?" he asked.

"What?" I nearly laughed.

"It's a simple question. Do you like him?" he asked and he seemed annoyed, for no reason actually.

"Are you kidding me? He's my brother!"

"He's not your biological brother so you could do something with him" he said as if it was something completely normal.

"Our parents are getting married so this makes us technically siblings" I explained.

"So you don't like him?" he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"What?" he said.

"That's paranoid!" I threw my hands in the air.

"It isn't"