Give Me A Chance

Alice's POV

..."You!" He shouted back. I remained silent to what I just heard. I was socked, even though Eva had told me that he has a crush on me, I never expected to hear it from him. I looked him in his eyes. That moment was the most uncomfortable of my life.

"I...um...I gotta go, it's...um getting late" I said and I was ready to leave.

"Wait!...Let me walk you to your house, I don't want you to walk alone, it's dangerous" he said.

"I'll be fine and also your motorcycle is there" I found an excuse to keep him away.

"Who cares, let's go" he said and he came next to me as if he was my guardian or something.

"You know, you don't need to" I said.

"I want to make sure that you'll be okay" he said without making eye contact with me because it would be awkward.

"Fine" We started walking but none of us was talking. I didn't know what to say. He kept on coming closer to me and I was trying to keep a distance. I don't know what to do now, I really don't. I want to explain to him how I feel and that I think that we will never work out but a part of me knows that I can't stay away from him. First, because I might have a tiny little crush on him and second, because I'm afraid of him and that if I start avoiding him again he might hurt me in multiple ways. When we were talking before he was really really furious that I thought he might do hit me or something.

"We are here" I said when we arrived at my house.

"Yeah...so I was wondering...do you wanna go out some time?" he nervously asked.

"We better not" I said before I even thought.

"Why?"

"Because I can't-"

"I know you're afraid of me and you think that I'll hurt you, but I'm only trying to protect you" he said with calm voice.

"From what?" I said loudly. First, I don't need any protection because I'm perfectly fine by myself and second why does he even want to protect me? It's not like I live a dangerous life and I want someone to keep me safe.

"Alice, you might don't know this but I'd go out of my way just to make sure that you're okay" he tried to convince me.

"I don't know..."

"Please give me a chance" he begged. "I won't hurt you, I'll try to do my best for you"

"Okay" I sighed, unsure of what that would mean. His eyes lit up in the most charming way.

"Just know that I'm determined to do anything for you" he said and he smiled. "Tomorrow, after school, I'm taking you somewhere, I'll be waiting outside of your school" he said and he left without giving me any chance to reply and tell him that there's no need.

I entered my house and my mother was waiting for me with her hands on her hips.

"We need to talk" she said suspiciously. It's been less than an hour and I've heard this expression two times already.

"What is it?"

"Why you were with Zayn?" she asked and crossed her arms.

"I met him on the way and we walked together since, you know, he lives next door"

"Listen Alice, I know you might like him because he's good looking but he's gonna hurt you, I'm sure"

"Okay whatever" I said and I went to my bedroom. I took my mobile in order to text Eva and I saw I had 2 texts. The first one was from my dad's fiance's son, Niall: