Just Breath...

Zayn's POV

It's been almost a month since I've last heard from Alice. Actually, I see her almost everyday but she doesn't notice me. I'm kinda following her everywhere. I just want to make sure that she's okay. Sometimes I wait for her to finish school, hidden behind walls or houses or other times I wait for her outside of her French or Tae Kwon Do lessons. I didn't know she was keen on these kinds of sports actually but I find it really nice. Generally, I see her but she doesn't see me. Harry says that if she finds out that I stalk her she'll be extremely mad at me but I can't help it. Call me however you want, but I just feel that someone must take care of her and maybe I'm the right person.

I really want to talk to her and listen to her voice one more time, but what do I tell her? I wish things were less complicated, though I know it's my fault that we reached that point. I'm such a jerk I had the chance to become friends with her and the only thing I did was push her even further.

All this period Harry was encouraging me to go out with girls but I never did. I didn't want to, I'd rather stay inside that hanging out with stupid blondes. My only comfort was my guitar. No one apart from my mother and my sisters knows that I play, but it's actually the only way to ease that feeling of emptiness that I have. The only things I do these days are smoke, drink or play my guitar. Those are my only escapes, and the stupid part is that I don't want anyone to know that I'm kinda infatuated with Alice. All I'm asking for is one more chance to start it all over again but that seems to be impossible. Alice doesn't seem to be really sad though....

Alice's POV

These days passed so slowly, without having to worry about Zayn. It's been over than 20 days since the last time I saw his face. I can say that I hid well this time and that's what I wanted, though I have an empty feeling. I wonder how did he spent all these days. Did he ever think of me? Nah I don't think he did. I'm sure he found other girls, smoked and drank a little and that's it. That's his lifestyle and I know that I don't fit in it.

At the moment, I'm waiting for my mother to come because she will tell me how we will spent Christmas and New Year's Eve and generally the whole Christmas holiday. I wish we traveled somewhere so I could forget about Zayn, even for a little. Even if I don't show it, I can't take him out of my mind especially when I'm alone.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mother, who just entered the house with a big bag that I assume it contains our Christmas decoration.

"Hey mother!" I greeted her.

"Hey! I brought our Christmas tree and some decorations from the basement. After we eat we can decorate the house!" she suggested.

"Okay let's eat first, I'm starving" I said and then I helped her set the table so we could eat our lunch.

While we were on table eating pasta, I decided to ask her about Christmas since she hasn't mentioned it yet.

"Mom, I was wondering, what are our plans for Christmas and New Year's Eve?" I asked and I drank water.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. In Christmas I'm going to grandma's house" she said without making eye contact with me.

"Good I haven't seen her in months!" I said. I missed her and I'd like to see her.

"No you don't understand, I will go to grandmother, you will go to London with your father" she announced as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"What???" I almost chocked at what I was eating. "No, I don't want to!" I protested.

"Derek really wants to see you, please go" She told me.