pt 20

"I think he stood back in that last room we passed. I'll go get him!" Waving i ran back inside.

"Ah hey look-" Seeing Edwin looking up at the artworks above his head and the candles lit around the room, i was going to wait for him to finish observing. Though suddenly two men in white hoodies came from behind him. One took him by his neck and knocked him on the floor. The other stood behind them.

"What the fu- oh wait... this is like a church right? So uh...what're you doing?" Recuperating from that stutter i walked up to them.

"Who the hell are you? This doesn't involve you lady!" One of them pointed a knife at me.

"Ooh i'm so scared ~" I continued to walk up to the area they were in calmly, they seemed to stiffen at my reaction.

"Lady i said to leave!" Throwing the knife on the floor it slid to my foot. He then took out a gun.

"Big mistake," I said bending over to pick up the knife.

"D-don't move!" I looked up and saw the gun shaking in his hands. People make rash decisions when they get scared or nervous. So if i just- quickly taking the knife i heard the gun go off. Remarkably, it only skinned my right cheek and i managed to sneak behind the man with the gun.

"This is how it's going down boys," Holding the knife to his neck i spoke. "You let my friend go and both of you walk out of here alive." The one holding Edwin down looked at the man held in my clutches.

"Don't listen to her! Take his money and leave!"

"I wouldn't listen to him. After all," Pressing the knife closer to his neck i said, "If i press the knife in the correct spot hard enough this guy will lose his nerve and shoot that gun again. Imagine just how many people will swarm, i'm sure they're already wondering where the first one came from. Then tell me what will happen?" Waiting for a response i cracked my aching neck, "One of you will end up dead and the other with a shot leg, on top of that the police will get here in seconds." The man holding Edwin sucked his teeth and released him, in a quick movement i knocked the men unconscious by hitting them on the head with the knife handle. Sighing i threw the knife and turned to Edwin, "You okay?" I smiled and helped him up. When our hands touched i felt his quick pulse and his nervous heart. "Sorry you had to see that."

"I-it's fine. But where'd you learn that?"

"Ah uh i had someone from the FBI train me."

"Really? I uh would like to meet them." I'd like to meet them again as well. But in order to do that i'd have to die.