pt 13

"Imy! How come this happened what did that girl do?" My mom was in front of the house when i got home.

"Mom? Why are you here?" I walked up to her slowly.

"The principal called and told me everything.So i told my boss i'd be out of work for a few days."

"Then what about dad?"

"He said he'd take care of you when i went back to work." She smiled a sweet honey smile.

"But you shouldn't have to miss work for me,i'm already 17."

"Yes, but to me you're still my little girl. "

"But Mom-"

"No buts, i'm staying and that's final. Let's go in and make some dinner for your father," Mom tied back her black hair and opened the front door. After watching my mom fail miserably at making a small fruit cake i decided to make dessert, mom decided to just stick with basic cooking. When my step-dad got home he wasn't even upset, and neither was mom. They blamed the girl saying she must have done something to tick me off, although Marc, my step-dad, seemed genuine when he said that my mom didn't. She spoke hollow words that seemed to be forced out. Because of those words i couldn't even close my eyes that night. Thinking of all these different things. What if mother knows about my blackouts? What if she knows the reason behind them? If she knows, why won't she tell me?

"Coo coo,"outside my window that small bird was perched on my window sill.

"Oh,hello little birdy,"Though i had already said goodnight to Imy. I stayed the same when it came to animals, "Can't sleep either?" The bird hopped on my finger and cocked it's head.

"Do you think that i'm a mean person birdie?" As i spoke to the bird in the stillness of the moonlit night it only looked at me. Answers appearing in it's eyes.

"Hahaha i don't know either. But i want to be. Though whenever i try to reach out my hand from the space i'm hiding in they either take what i give and flee or just ignore me completely. Maybe i'm just meant to live in someone else's skin," When i finished the bird ruffled its feathers in disagreement and took off.Getting up i closed my window and sat on my bed looking at the scars on my knees. Smiling i thought about how i had only recently gotten them because of Ron and Toby.

"I guess some scars can be a reminder of the happy things," I whispered relaxing my body.