An old friend

Saph's P.O.V

The tower is way to noisy to work or sleep.

I can hear all of them no matter where I go. Even in my room!

All the guys in the tower are all in one room and well...being guys.

At freaking 12am!

And all the other girls left so now no one can control the guys.

I can't concentrate. I'm trying to do something important, like figure out, where the alien came from.

I put my laptop in my bag and I leave the tower.

New York city is bright at night.

There are many clubs, and bars that are open.

Also, Starbucks is open too.

I place my laptop down on a table, and I take a seat.

Starbucks isn't to filled, there are only a few people.

Yes. Peace and quiet.

I open my laptop.

I hack into SHIELD without anyone knowing at all. It was easy, I learned how to hack when I was 4 years old.

I skim through the files. I don't see any file on the creature.

I skim through it over and over. Then I find a file that's called

E.T. 1.23 I open the file out of curiosity.

It shows some old articles about a UFO landing on America in the year 1967, I save the file.

I keep on searching for any other files about the creature. But I don't find anything at all.

Where could the file be?

Was there even a file made?

I erase all the proof that I ever hacked into SHIELD. I keep the file that I got in a USB. I put the USB in my pocket.

Then I exit the SHIELD files.

People underestimate me. Even Fury.

No one would think that a thirteen year old girl like me would be able to hack into SHIELD and get away with it. It's as easy as breaking a toothpick.

I said that it would take the greatest minds on earth and a super computer months or weeks to hack into SHIELD, but I know some people that can hack into SHIELD as quick as I can.

I open Google chrome.

I'm about to type something. But then someone takes the seat in front of me.

I close my laptop and put it on my lap.

He looks like he's my age.

He smiles at me in a mischievous way.

"Um...hi?"

"Hey."

"Do I know you?" I ask

"Yeah"

"Um...okay."

He does seem really familiar, I know I've heard his voice somewhere before.

He leans forward. Then he whispers in my ear.

"Hey Zero" he says

Zero, has become another identity of mine, the identity that I don't want anyone else to know about.

"So what? Is this blackmail, or--"

He interupts me.

"No, no, nothing like that"

"Okay so, who are you?"

"My name's Jason Todd"

My eyes become a bit wider.

"Jason! How long has it been? A year?"

"Don't know"

I met jason and Bruce when I was 9 years old, when I was still training, they're the reason why I'm not...so...brutal. Jason and I have been friends for 3 years, we always tried to keep in touch after we met, but after I joined SHIELD we both became busy with crime.

Jason's parents are dead too, like me. That's how we're friends, we can sorta realte to each other, being the same age and all.

"I see that after you joined SHIELD you became an Avenger. But why are you two heroes at the same time?" He asks

"SHIELD and the Avengers have...different ways, different from mine."

"So how'd you find out?" I ask calmly

He just smiles

"You know you haven't changed much. Well, you really don't change your personality, wether you have the mask on or not."

He frowns

"How do you know?"

"I know a lot of things, like who Bruce really is, and who you really are."

I just smile

"Wait, wait. The same no matter what?"

"Yup. You're always the same with the mask on or not. Arrogant, brash, fearless, sometimes stupid, always jumping into action without a plan. But you are gifted."

He chuckles.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"So how old are you now?" I ask

"I'm about to turn 14 in a few days."

"Me too... So what are you doing here?"

"I'm off duty. I saw you here in Starbucks, and I was really surprised to see you again."

"No, I meant here in New York, I thought you lived in Gotham."

"I do, but that doesn't mean I can't leave the city. So what do you think about living here in New York?"

"I don't know, I don't go out much." 

"What?! So you don't know anything about New York?"

"Not really"

"That sucks. Come on! Let me show you some places that's awesome here in New York!"

"I thought Gotham was your home"

"I told you, I leave the place from time to time, plus Gotham isn't to far from New York. Now come on!"

He's persuasive, enthusiastic, and kinda annoying, so I'm gonna come with him.

I keep my laptop in my bag and wear my bag.

Then he drags me out of Starbucks

He drags me around the city, we go to many different places here in the city. I've never even seen most of these places.

I've been living in New York city for almost one whole year but I never even bothered to look around the city.

"I think I have to go." I say

I put my hand in my pockets, and I'm surprised that the USB is still here.

"Okay, see you again"

"Yeah see ya"

My old friend is back.

................

I go to the tower and I find Steve's right in front of me.

"Where'd you go?" He asks

"Why?"

"Just curious, I mean you were gone almost the whole night."

"Okay, since you're just curious, I don't think I really need to tell you."

I walk to my room without another word, and I get a text.

HEHE. GOOD MORNING!

-Jason

A/N: So now there's both Marvel and DC in this story.