CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Saph's P.O.V

Christmas eve. I can't remember how this goes...

I go to the Christmas tree, everyone is already here...except Clint, Natasha, Thor, Jane, Betty and Pepper.

I wonder where they are.

Some people sit on the couch, some sit on the floor.

We play truth or dare.

I don't join.

I watch them play.

They laugh, talk and play until 9:00

I look out the window, New York is devoured in snow.

"Guys!! Why don't we go outside!" Katherine says

"Why would I wanna go out there into the cold when I'm right here indoors, all warm and cozy?"

"Come on!"

"Okay."

We all put on winter clothes and go out.

Tony is making a snowman.

Bruce is eating snowflakes for some reason.

I sit on the soft white snow, playing with my powers, and drawing a smiley face on the snow with a stick. Then I get hit in the head with a snowball, I look up and see Jewel who threw the snowball.

"Hey, wanna have a snowball fight?"

Wade throws a snowball at Jewel and at Katherine. Jewel and Katherine picks up snow and turns the snow into a snowball, and they both throw snowballs at Wade.

I look at the three of them and roll my eyes.

....................

We go to a place where there's ice.

There are many people skating.

"Um...Jewel..." Steve asks Jewel

"Come on!" She pushes him into the rink.

"Gah!"

Everyone steps in the rink.

The girls are able to skate, well...all the girls except me.

I don't wanna use my power over ice to help me stand up. That's the easy way out, it's like cheating!

I hold on to the railing.

When I said I missed out on huge parts of my childhood, I really meant it. All I was doing was train and train. no time for celebrating or whatever.

I hold on to railings. I turn my self around not letting go. I face the whole rink now. I steady my feet on the ice then I push myself forward really hard. I zip passed all the people in the rink to get to the other side.

I don't even know why I tried to zip myself pass these people, but hey, when you haven't celebrated Christmas in years, you kinda wanna try doing this.

"AAAH!!!!"

I cover my eyes.

Then I feel myself slowing down.

I open my eyes.

"Oh. I'm not dead!"

I try to move myself to the railings.

I look at all the people, I see the Avengers, until now all the boys still can't skate. I look at the feet of the people around me who are able to skate. And I copy the way they're skating.

I try to stand, and I move my right foot forward, then my left foot, then my right foot. It's like sliding on a clean floor while wearing socks on my feet. I know this because I used to clean the training rooms back when I was four or five, after the floor's shiny I'd put on my socks and slide on the clean floor. But sometimes I'd get caught and in trouble.

.....................

We head back to the tower. It's twelve o' clock

I get a text from Jason:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I smile and text back.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Tony sits next to me

"Who you texting?"

"Dude. What the hell"

I move away from him.

"Okay everyone! Time to open gifts!"

I take the gifts I received and put them in my bed room. Then I go back.

"Christmas special!" Bruce says

Everyone runs to the room with the largest TV. They turn on the TV

I watch for a while. I leave the room and go to the living room, there are a few people talking and sitting on the floor.

I head for the Christmas tree. The tree is beautiful, there are millions of bright colorful lights on the tree, and the decorations look like they're shinning. I look at the star on top of the tree.

I remember when I was two or three years old. It was Christmas in my old home. There were so many gifts under the tree, and they seemed all for me. And soft Christmas music was playing. My mother was sitting on the couch and my father sat beside me on the floor, watching me open my gifts. Then I stood up and gave my mother a gift too. I wrapped it up and everything.

I still remember my mother's face and her sweet and loving smile. I remember how she would hold me tightly when I was afraid of the loud thunder during a stormy night, she always managed to make me feel safe and happy, I remember her soft voice when she would sing to me at night.

But most of all I remember my own laughter.

My laughter echoes in my mind as I'm pulled back into reality.

"Hey Saph, what's wrong?" Jewel asks me

"Oh nothing"

"Well, are you still gonna watch?"

"Um...no. I don't think so"

I walk to my room.

I decide that I'm not gonna completely celebrate Christmas. I don't think I ever will. Even with my aunt I wasn't able to celebrate Christmas, the time I spent with her was less than a year...

Until now I'm still not over my parent's death. I wish that they were here to celebrate Christmas with me, one last time.

I was sucked into this cruel, harsh world, and having to grow up when I was only four.

I wish that my parents never died, I wish that Death never got them.

I'm not afraid of Death getting me, I'm afraid that Death would get the people I loved, and the people I cared for.

I won't let Death take anyone I care for, not anymore.