Chapter 28

*Lucy POV*

I strut into the guild hall, noticing that Crescent Moon was also part of the crowd.  My clothes was stained with blood-

Not mine of course. 

My shoes clicking against the guild's wooden floor, the entire room was completely silent at my arrival. My expression was cold, all happiness and innocence was gone. A person could take so much loss before they crack. And I had. I cracked, crumbled, shattered. I built up and crashed back down to where I once began.

Everything was a cycle.

Life, destruction, reborn.

Natsu's expression didn't match mine. No ones did. They showed concern, skepticism, and confusion. Probably all asking the same exact question.

What happened to Lucy? Why does she look different? Is that actually Lucy? 

I ignored their questionable gazes, walking to Makarov and Brayden. Lisanna followed close behind before splitting off towards Levy and Juvia. They talked lowly, whispering about the events that had occurred.

"Where have you been, child? I thought the orders were to stay together as a group until return?" Makarov spoke, voice grave. "It was dangerous and irrational of you to do so."

"Sorry if Lisanna and I left without notice," I started, "but it was urgent."

"What is so urgent you had to risk your life- not only yours but Lisanna's as well? You know the state Magnolia is in at the very moment as well!" 

"We were trying to remove a poison in my blood. I would soon die if I didn't do it soon.....My dragon saved me. Cosmos died for me because of these imbeciles!" I pointed my finger towards the corpses, face contorting with fury.

I made eye contact with Natsu. "You may still be infuriated with me, but do know this- those people out there? They can and will outsmart you if you go alone without a decent and carefully made plan. If they were able to get a dragon slayer poisoned unnoticed, I have no doubt it could occur to any one of us." My eyes diverted away from his, scanning the crowds.

Makarov sighed, no longer interrogating me. Brandon had a look of relief and gave me a side hug. 

"I'm just glad you and Lisanna are alive and well at the moment. I'm sorry about Cosmos, my friend," the guildmaster of Crescent Moon bowed his head in respect and smiled brightly at me. Brandon's grin quickly was replaced with a pursed mouth, eyes focused seconds later.

"Now, that we are all here," he clasped his hands together, cape ruffling from the movement. He repeated the information about the metal of the weapon used to stab the young master to everyone in the guild. I listened intently, recognizing the same observations Natsu had during the attack in the inn. 

I gently rubbed the scar on my stomach, calming the nervous butterflies in my stomach as Brandon mentioned the question no one wanted to hear.

"How do we know Erza and Gray are alive?"

A loud commotion of outrage roared in the guild. Each individual saying something similar to, "I have faith!" or "They are Erza and Gray! They don't give up!" 

I stayed silent. Although I did have faith, I wasn't willingly going to let things repeat again. I want to see them alive with my very own eyes rather than screaming, "I HAVE FAITH!" and find them dead. 

I gently patted Brandon's shoulder and looked at the library, wanting some peace and quiet after being in a room so loud. Exhaustion was shown on my face, and he immediately agreed for me to go and take a small rest before official plans were told.

My feet carried me towards Fairy Tail's library, silently stepping down the grand hallways and through the large wooden, intricately carved, doors. Large volumes of books were bestowed on high shelves. Light emitted off of orbs which were placed around the entire room. I headed towards the tables and grunted as I sat down. My legs were burning, my eyes were droopy, and I felt gross.

But time doesn't want to give me the luxury of being clean though so I guess gross is always going to be a nuisance. Laying my head against the table, my eyelids were closing, nearly falling asleep. However, timing, once again, is a pain in the ass.

I grunted annoyingly at the sudden noise. Apparently, it was a voice so I looked up and saw Natsu. 

"Hey Luce."