Chapter 26

*Lucy's POV*

I sat there, frozen. Cosmos's weeping was the only thing I could hear other than the loud drumming of my heartbeat.

She can't do it.

"W-Why not?" I stammered.

"I don't want to hurt our baby by poisoning him with my magic..I'm so sorry, Lucy," Elizabeth apologized, head dipped in guilt.

I'm doomed.

"Are there any other poison or curse users you know of?" I asked. She shook her head.

Rain pattered against the window. The flames roared. 

I-I'm going to die if I don't find someone for help soon.

I got up from the seat. My jaw muscles strained to form a smile that just turned out to be a grimace.

"Thank you for listening. I hope we see each other soon." I bowed quickly and swiftly leaving the building. Not caring about the rain, I sped towards the guild.

"Lucy!" Lisanna panted. She caught up to me and gripped my shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she exclaimed. I didn't answer. 

Click.

My eyes snapped to my left. 

Click.

The wind whistled from the speed of my whip moving. 

Whapush! My whip connected with the ground, warning whoever it was to back off.

To my horror, it was the man from the hotel. I cursed the lords above for giving me such a  cruel way to suffer with no way to escape. 

"Run Lisanna!" I grabbed her hand and ran like hell.  I could hear the fast and light steps of the man behind me. He was steadily catching up to us.

We might not make it in time.

"Open! Gate of the Maiden! Virgo!" I yelled toward the sky. Although I may no longer require the keys to wield the spirits, I still have to summon them in order for them to help.

A golden flare appeared beside us. 

"Is it time for punishment, Princess?" Virgo said nonchalantly. 

"No but can you make a portal for us to the Celestial World? Pronto?" I exclaimed, panting from the amount of running in my weak state. I could feel the wounds reopening.

A bright blue flash engulfed us in. Wind whipped against our hair as we teleported to a different dimension. I peered behind us and saw the man stop but grin. My eyes narrowed but he soon vanished from our sights as the portal closed.

"Wow! This is how the Celestial World looks like?" Lisanna said in awe. The starlight made her bright blue eyes glitter. 

They reminded me of my secondary form, Luna. I reckon my hair will change to a whiter type blonde instead of white when I shift. After all, dragon type genes will always overpower the partial or ones that have none.

"Who's this beauty here?" the lion spirit purred. My eyes widen at Leo and stared at his neck.

"Don't worry Lucy. I'm fine now."

 My eyebrows creased together, not believing one word he said.

"I'm Lisanna! You're Leo the Lion right?" the youngest Strauss sibling stated. He nodded, a grin sprouting on his face.

"No, Leo. Don't forget about Aries now," I said sternly and waved a finger in his face. His face immediately turned red at the mention of her name. Lisanna and I giggled at the sight.

"Anyways, I need to talk to the dragons and you guys. Where are they?" A grim look spread upon his face.

"I'm afraid you will no longer be able to see us, Lucy. This will be your last. Your time is coming sooner than we anticipated," he sighed. "We have found a cure..but we know you'd never agree to do it."

"What exactly is it?" I asked.

"In order to be cured, you'd have to sacrifice your own dragon for your life-which means sacrificing Cosmos."

"No. I won't. I'd rather die than do that," I snarled. I stomped my boot on the floor in frustration. Why did everything have to be so complicated?!

"I'm afraid I insist on it. Your friends need you more than they need me," the motherly voice of my dragon spoke. Cosmos's form was outlined by glowing stars. Why she is like that is pretty self explainatory. (If you are confused she's the star/celestial dragon.)

"No, Cosmos-"

"Lucy," Cosmo said in a very pained voice. Sadness was laced in it. I covered my mouth, shaking my head. 

"I have lived a long life. I have met my love. I have gained friends. I have taught an apprentice. I have protected those who are dear to me for thousands of years. You haven't. You have yet to fix the tear between you and Natsu and form a family. You have lived only for a couple decades. Live, Lucy. Don't waste it. Please." The celestial dragon begged. Tears streamed down my face. I was so broken. Save my life but kill my dragon. Save my dragon by leave me to die by poison.

"Cosmos, you've been more of a motherly figure to me ever since Layla had died. I don't- I don't want to be alone again. I don't want to be the reason you die," I sobbed. "I have forgotten what it felt to have a mother. To feel like a child." 

I could feel her warmth surrounding me.

"Lucy Heartfilia. You won't be alone. You, my darling, have already found a family that would forever cherish you. This is by my choice. A choice a mother would make for her own children. Not by their own faults but her own wishes. Please Lucy. Allow this to happen." I sobbed even louder, rivers flooding my cheeks.

"Raise your head, darling. Show me those pearly brown eyes just one last time." My vision was blurry from the tears. I can see her slightly fading away. Then, she began the chant-

Oh stars above

Listen carefully at my words

The star dims for one

And brightens for another

May the souls replace one another

For one to die for another

Lords of the stars

Fulfill this wish of mine

Star of Rebirth!

I began to wail and stretched my arm out to Cosmos. I can feel my body grow stronger, but I didn't want it. Not at all.  This shouldn't be happening!

"COSMOS!" I wailed at the disappearing dragon.

"COOSMOOOS!"

RIP Cosmos. FYI she is not returning, but she might be mentioned time to time within the next few chapters. I also apologize if this was a bad chapter because I just returned from a competition in Band that required an 8 hour trip back. 

Lemme just say- I've never missed fresh air so much after breathing in the toxic air of puke. Disgusting? I agree.

Anyways, the next chapter will come out on Sunday and Monday. Blood Moon will also be coming out with chapters too so keep an eye out! :)

-Aline signing out!