Chapter 18

*Lucy's POV*

I held Natsu's hand as he dragged me over to the forest, where Crescent Moon's former guild hall was located. Ferns, grass, and many other types of plants grew around the entrance, nearly covering it. The doorway brought many memories to my head. I remember when I first met Brandon and his little brother. They brought me to these doors, consoling me that I was safe. That I could trust them.

At that time, I had no trust though, but I decided to risk it anyways. I was lucky he didn't take me to a dark guild like Phantom Lord.

I shivered at the thought. Natsu rubbed my arms.

"You cold, Luce?" I shook my head. His eyes didn't leave me after I looked away. As always, I'm clumsy. My feet gets caught on a root as I tread downhill. Natsu catches me but loses his balance at the same time. He cocoons me in his arms, protecting me from impact. 

We slowed to a stop. I touch Natsu's arm. "You ok? Thanks for catching me back there," I said. Without speaking, he nodded and placed his head on my neck, "You smell good." 

My face instantly heated up and kneed him in the stomach. 

"I deserved that," he grunted. Kissing him on the cheek, I rolled to the side. My knees popped as I got up from the soft grass below me.  Wind brushed against my cheek as I stared at the pyro mage. Without warning, I launched forward in the direction of the Fairy Tail and Crescent Moon. "Race ya there!"

"No fair! Wait up!" I laughed and looked up at the sky. Such a lovely day.

Another short chapter. So sorry about that :(

-aline