Chapter 2

Crack!

My whip snapped at the criminal. It latched onto his leg and tied him up. My breaths came in large puffs. Since I was "temporarily" kicked off of Team Natsu, I had to go on solo missions to earn enough money for my rent. This one should be able to keep me out of injuries for at least 6 months. Sure, it had taken me awhile to hunt down and skillfully catch each one without them knowing, but it was a ridiculously high amount for such a simple, simple job.

After I got paid, I rode the train back home. I missed teasing Natsu and having people to talk to. Now, it's just plain boring.

____________________________________________________________________________

I stretched in my pj's, feeling exhaustion overcome me. With a plop, I snuggled in my soft bed. It lacked the cozy warmth that Natsu had once provided, but I could deal with it. I could sleep better in the cold anyways.

Lies. 

I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my palms. 

"This is stupid- why am I even brooding over this?" 

Lucyy.

I could feel my hair on my neck raise up. Someone had called my name.

Lucyy.

"Who's there?" I grabbed my keys from my desk, but everything went quiet. My eyes kept on flickering side to side, watching for any movement. I hugged my keys to my chest, not knowing that Loke had left the Spirit world and into my room. 

______________________________________________________________________________

"Good morning, Lucy." I shrieked and threw a pillow at the intruder, only to find that it was Loke. 

"Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart-attack!" I growled. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Does your heart hurt because you can't bear me to leave?" Loke joked. My eyebrow twitched at that sentence. Should've saw that coming.

"Seriously Loke, what are you doing here?" His sarcastic mood faded into worry. 

"We could all feel your fear last night, Lucy. We heard the voice too." My eyes widen. I wasn't hallucinating?

"Do you know who it was?" Sadly, he shook his head, clueless as ever. I sighed, "You should return and regain back your energy. Who knows what might happen later." He nodded and kissed my hand.

So unnecessary.

"That's Loke you got there, Lucy," I mumbled to myself as I got ready for the day.

___________________________________________________________________

"Hey guys!" I called out. No one answered. Everyone was drinking beer and partying. Why wasn't I invited to the celebration?

Oh yeah, it was Lisanna's welcome back party part 60. They've been partying and having fun for at least 2 months. When I tried to talk to people, they would just continue to talk to Lisanna. Each day, I felt as if I was slowly disappearing, vanishing from everyone's memory but Lisanna and Mira. She tries to talk to me every so often, but it never works. Members would crowd around her, either drunk or to party.

"A strawberry smoothie please!" I asked Mira, who left to make my smoothie.

When she returned with my drink, I could hear a loud commotion going on in the crowds. 

"Natsu, please think about this! You're drunk a-and-" Lisanna tried to explain.

"Lisanna, I love you! I've missed you, and I want to take this chance," Natsu slurred.

"What about Lucy? Did you forget about her?" Lisanna said frantically. 

"We're just nakama, Lis! She's just an annoying mage who doesn't know how to fight. She depends on her spirits too much sometimes. But you? You know how to fight physically and use your powers to boost you! Why would I like her?"

"How you ever considered her feelings, Natsu? Have you? Have you seen the way she looks at you?" Lisanna snapped.

"She would've said something already if she had, but it would only be a wasted breath. No one would date a brat like her."

The glass cup in my hand shattered into a million pieces, clanging loudly onto the ground. My fist was bleeding from the glass shards. The left over smoothie splattered all over the floor. 

The invisible barrier that was between me and the guild for 2 months broke. They all looked at me, horror spreading across their faces.

The master walked up to me, face grim. "What's going on?"

"I want to leave Fairy Tail, and I'm not coming back." I could see that my cold tone stabbed everyone in the room except for the drunken Natsu. 

"No Lucy! Wait!" Gray cried out, but I was already gone from their sights.