Chapter 24

*Lucy's POV*

"What?!" I yelled out loud.

"I need to get you two to safety first," Mira said, grabbing onto Natsu's arm. 

"We aren't going to just leave them! We can't!" Natsu exclaimed, yanking his arm away.

"Right now, I need you and Lucy to get out. If you guys get captured on my watch and after I warned you, I'd never forgive myself. It'd not only mean I failed to obey master's orders but failure in protecting those I love," Mira snapped. "Erza and Gray, I'll message Master Makarov about it. We cannot risk going on our own unless we have a death wish."

Natsu gritted his teeth. I didn't like the idea of abandoning them either, but I also couldn't help feeling as if Mira had a point. We had no idea which guild the fighters belonged to or their motive.  

I gently yanked on Natsu's sleeve, signaling that we should listen. Without looking at either of us, he grudgingly agreed to go.

---------------------

He didn't say anything to me or Mira during the train ride, and no, it wasn't because of his motion sickness.

Natsu couldn't even stay in the same room when Mira was speaking to Master through a lacrima. I felt slightly guilty. 

Lucy.

My head whipped around, searching for the voice.

Lucy, don't tell me you forgot your wonderful, loving, caring, beautiful, optimistic, powerful, smart, talented-

Ahh, it's just you, Cosmos. Sorry I didn't recognize you at first. A sweat dropped down my head. I forget that she could act like a child time to time.

Do I have grandchildren yet?

COSMOS! My face turned bright red and burned. Goodness sake, Natsu is laying on my lap!

I could hear the laughter of the dragons in the background. My face burned even brighter.

Jeez, you can see what's going on through my eyes. 

I know I know. Sorry, Lucy. I just wanted to talk to you about the transformation problem.

Oh yeah, what happened?! I nearly died because of it!

Someone placed poison in your system. I froze.

..When will I get better?

Hate to break it to you darling, but..there's a chance that it might be permanent.

"..Lucy? Are you alright?" 

I snapped out of  the conversation with the celestial dragon and snapped a hand over my mouth as a wave of nausea overcame me. Mira threw me a bag as I puked in it. Natsu quickly sat up and patted my back.

After emptying my stomach out, I leaned my head on my hands, elbows on my knees.

How much?  I asked Cosmos.

75%. You'll be powerless if you lose this power, Lucy. It'll cut your connection to the celestial spirits off completely, and not only that, we won't be able to speak anymore.

And 25%?

You won't be able to transform into a dragon but remain with celestial dragon slaying magic.

I paled. Such a small chance.

Is there any way to make it higher?

I don't know... I heard a low graveling voice in the background. Must be Igneel.

Try a curse or poison wizard. They should be able to extract it and just allow Lucy to become a dragon slayer rather than powerless. The fire dragon suggested.

Tyran' wife. Cosmos's voice quickly responded. Tyran was one of the helpers that got rid of Zeref and his little..followers. He was previously in a dark guild, but he joined Crescent Moon for the sake of Elizabeth's, his wife, safety. I didn't even know Elizabeth had powers.

Tyran also has the power to drain other powers, similar to the sword you were attacked with. It's a good idea to visit them again, Cosmos added.

I sighed. Let's go meet some old friends and save some old friends.

All about the old friends.

I'm tired guys I'm sorry. It's been a long weekend for me, and my exams are two weeks long. If my chapters sound dead, you know why. I probably will post again for the sake of a distraction or something. I also have a trip next week right after an exam, so I won't be posting then. Anyways, cya peeps!

-Aline