Chapter 5

*Lucy's POV*

(An hour before the fight)

After meeting Brandon's friends, I decided to join them in their journey to build a guild. One of our mages was an earth mage, allowing us to build it underground.  Our base was deep in the forest next to Hargeon and Magnolia. 

Building the base, we named the guild Crescent Scale and created the mark. We even confirmed it with the Council, showing that we were now an official guild. Underground, we trained long and hard against each other. Master Hadaki also was the one who trained each and one of us. He was a little younger than Makarov, and his extent of knowledge stretch far beyond any of ours. He was also the grandfather of Draven and Brandon.

I slid underneath Brandon's sonic boom, flipping upwards, and slammed my foot on his chin. Before he could react, I yanked out my whip and latched onto him. Pointing my star sword on his neck, Master Hadaki clapped, "Well done, Lucy! I see Cosmos has taught you combat as well!"

I had told him about Cosmos and their history. Because of my luck, he explained that his grandfather was an Earth Dragon slayer, but he didn't know much about dragon training. All he knew was that it was brutal. 

Lemme tell you what's brutal about Cosmos- her tail. She would wack me with it and force me to attack it until it's gone. It always grows back, so she didn't care. Sometimes, she would blast me with her star magic, and she would even ignore me if I refuse to use my powers.

She was stubborn. 

I missed her and wished I could see her again.

"Thank you, Master. I kinda want to go up for some fresh air. You know..lack of space," I asked. He nodded, understanding how I was more sensitive to enclosed spaces now. For 3 years, I always sat outside, regaining my strength and staring at the glittering stars, but this time, I went to summon my spirits. Not only did Cosmos help me with training, the Celestial Spirits helped me strengthen our bond and change into star dresses to increase my strength.

With a wave of my hand, the 10 zodiac spirits appeared all around me. 

"It's been awhile, hime," Virgo said with the same blank face she always wears. 

"I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me grow more powerful. You guys didn't have to help me but you did, and I'm grateful to have you as my friends!" I smiled. Out of starlight, I created some sort of accessory to hand to every spirit. The men had bracelets and brooches while the female had necklaces and hair pins, but whatever they had, it always had a heart with the zodiac symbol inside. 

"I know experience can't ever be repaid, but this is the best I can do for now." Aries hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, Lucy!" Her eyes were filled with happiness. Slowly, everyone disappeared except  Loke.

"Are you ok, Lucy?" he placed his hands in his pockets, looking at the buzzing town of Hargeon.

"I think so. I just miss them you know? I miss those days we would all band up together and beat the crap out of vigilantes. I miss how we would just relax and joke around. I've moved on though," I said, looking at the orange-haired man. 

He pushed up his glasses, "I just wished I was there. I would've showed Natsu how dumb he was that day-"

I raised my hand to stop him from continuing, "What is done is done and cannot be undone. Staying in the past is the same as drowning in the past. I've already moved on."

BOOM!

My head snapped towards the noise, hearing screaming and explosions. "Loke! Get my team and tell them to head towards the train station ASAP! I'm gonna get a head start!" I ordered. He nodded as I threw on my cloak.

I leaped onto the roofs and sped across each one. Smoke and dust covered the scenery, but when it cleared, my feet were frozen onto the ground.

There they were, the friends who caused my heart to be torn into a million pieces. One of Syra's, the former member of Crescent Scale,  leaders Tyran was soaking up their magic powers. Even though they hurt me in the past, I cannot dwell on it any longer.

"The power is magnificent! Thanks for the gift!" Tyran sneered. With a kick, I soared off the roof.

"Thank this!" I roared and slammed my legs into his chest. I rolled onto the ground and knelt there with a knee on the ground while the other one had my arm balancing on it. I could feel Natsu's stare burning into my skin, but I knew he wouldn't recognize me. The Celestial magic had changed my looks. I was no longer the happy, looking Lucy everyone was looking for. I looked like a witch with a cold heart, and I'm just about to show this side to Tyran.

I could smell the others behind me. Without looking at them, I said, "Take care of the others. I'll deal with Tyran." I watched him stumbling to get up. Without question, Brandon and the others went to fight the others that were sided with this guy. 

"Ahh, Luna Luna. Here again with your pup pack?" he cackled. I didn't need to say anything. If we were a pup pack, he would be an unborn one OR  we were just pretty kickass babies.

"I gotta thank you for knocking some sense into me though. I finally remember what I need to do." I could feel my power waiting to be released. Oh won't this be fun.

"And that is?" I questioned. 

"Removing you from my sight!" he growled as he sent daggers at me. I made a barrier around my body, but my cloak was unprotected. The sharp edges of the weapons tore it from every corner.

"That's a shame," I said, taking off the cloak, "I liked this too." I watched Natsu's expression change from suspicion to confusion. I wonder if my scent was still the same. After all, I did try to change my scent.

My eyes focused back on the main enemy: Tyran. I lifted a leg and pushed with all of my power. My feet launched off of the ground. My fist connected with his jaw. As I knocked him down, I decided to put on the finishing touches.

"Star Dragon's Roar!" White and Yellow flames shot out of my mouth and hit Tyran. Then, I kicked him down to the ground, shattering the concrete underneath him. I grabbed his collar and yanked him up, "Where is Soryn?" Instead of getting a response, spit splattered on my face. Disgusted, I pressed onto his pressure point. I was done with him.

Closing my eyes and focusing on increasing my hearing sense, I heard nothing. No life around here. No bird chirping.

Knowing very well about Soryn's guild, I warned my former friends, "Beware, they are not done with you yet."

Erza, as expected, wanted to make sure she could trust me. If she knew who I was, she wouldn't do it.

"What do you mean?" she asked. Her arms were crossed against her chest. 

"Were you here for a mission," I pressed on. If they were, that means this was only a trick. Fear and horror were the only things I could feel when she pulled out the paper. I could feel my skin growing ten times colder.

They've been deceived.

______________________________________________________________________________

This, my friends, is the definition of a very sucky chapter. My eyes hurt to read it, but my hands don't wanna move. It's 12:52 AM over here, and I'm tired as f. Yet, I DON'T WANNA GO TO SLEEP! Weird right? This happens to me a lot so don't worry.

See ya laturrrr,

Alina/Snowshoerabbit