Izabel Taylor

It was 5 o’clock in the morning and I was tidying things up for the International Sensation Boy Band, One Direction, who were coming to Top One radio station which was also a top notch studio. They will be doing an interview at the station when they got there and will actually be recording their next record here; therefore I knew that they will be around for quite a long time. I was super excited because I absolutely loved them! I was a big fan of theirs when they were in the X-Factor UK, even though I lived in a different country. I rooted for them since they were the youngest, making them the underdogs. I could definitely relate to being an underdog because people always seemed to look down on me since I was little. I felt like they were just waiting for me to mess up. But I proved them wrong. I stood my ground and moved out on your own and is now working for a big time radio station and recording studio.

Top One radio was known for all the jokes and how much fun it was. Stars loved coming over and always had a blast during the interviews. Not only was the radio station popular, the recording studio was also a magnet to get the greatest artist to record there. The atmosphere was supportive and everyone was just full of energy but still professional. Although there were other radio stations that were just as crazy as Top One radio, what set Top One radio apart from the rest was that, even the other employees got to be on air and act as the radio DJ. Sometimes all the staff would gather in the station and relax and talk story on air. It was completely random and fun. To add on to the AMAZING-ness of this station was that it was its own building and had a penthouse above the station and every floor had two huge apartments with the hall way being the only separation. This was where some of the radio crew lived, including me. Many stars also spent the night and rented a room while they were visiting and/or recording. They did exactly what One Direction will be doing.

As I finished cleaning the last bit of mess I was finally done. I have been at the station till 2am the night before, went home to take a three hour rest, and then came back to work to finish off where I had left off. It was now 7am and One Direction would be coming in around 10am, so I thought I’d sit in the station. I walked into the station room and took a sat in the corner listening to Daniel the head DJ do his thing. He was literally the coolest, funniest, and smartest guy you knew. He was the reason why Top One radio was so popular. As I came in and made my way to one of the empty seats at the far corner Daniel announced on the radio, “Well, well, well, look who just walked in. It’s little Miss trip over nothing or trip over everything, Izabella, a.k.a Izzy the crashing pipsqueak!!!” Everyone in the station laughed, including me. I wasn’t going to lie, I am clumsy as fudge!

“Shut up, you butt chinned ape.” I retorted back into the microphone nearest to me. He only laughed as well as everyone else and spoke into the microphone rubbing his cleft chin,

“The ladies love this!” We all laughed at how dumb he was.

“Okay dudes and dudettes, I’m gonna let Klutzilla here do the honor of introducing the next tune.” He announced into the mic.

“Gee, thanks for that lovely intro you weirdo.” I said rolling my eyes at him.

“Look who’s talking.” He smart mouthed back. That guy could never let me have the last word. I shake my head and smiled as I announced the next track. I looked over to the monitor to see the next song.

“Good morning people, this song goes out to the Directioners out there!!! Let’s get up and do the inbetweeners dance with One Direction’s hit single, What Makes You Beautiful!” I spoke with enthusiasm since I personally loved the band and is a Directioner myself.

As the song played everyone got up and followed my lead as I did the inbetweeners dance, when I suddenly trip on a cord and tumbled backwards into a container half filled with wires that lead to speakers and other equipment. Everyone laughed at me as I struggled to get out. I was failing miserable so Elizabeth, another worker helped me out. Elizabeth was about the same age as Daniel who was 30 years old. If I remember correctly, Daniel was three years older making Elizabeth, or Beth for short, 27. She was super sweet and hilarious. Her laugh is so contagious because it was the most unique laugh any of us had ever heard. No words could describe it. Although her laugh was utterly whacked, she was stunning. Golden locks that were naturally wavy which complimented her sunlight brown eyes. She dressed quite girly and wore light shadow on her eyelids and bright red lipstick. She was beautiful inside and out. Not to mention hilarious. I can see why Daniel loves her so much.

As the song went on, we all danced around and sang the lyrics, “Don’t need makeup, to cover up, being the way that you are enou uh uph…” When the song ended, Daniel wasted no time to tell all the listeners about my unfortunate spill. We were all laughing at him because he was having a hard time telling the story. He couldn’t stop laughing. “

You should have seen her face! Classic!” he finished as he was still laughing. I spoke into the mic.

“Don’t listen to this guy, I don’t know how he keeps coming up with these random stories.” Everyone in the station laughed which the audience could also hear. More music was played right after my little cover up story that was guaranteed no one believed. While the songs played back to back my eyes got heavy and before you knew it I was out cold.

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know this first chapter isn’t the best. But I hope you still liked it :]