Chapter 20

Till Next Time

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla sat quietly as she looked across to Brian. His own car stopping next to Dom's black one.. Brian gave her a pleading look in the way, but she gave him a nod. Brian nodded back, and looked to Dom.

"I used to drag here back in high school." Dom started and grabbed Amalla's hand.

"That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter mile away from here."

"On green, I'm going for it." Dom finished, and Amalla nodded and checked her cut. It was just under her forearm, on her left ribs. It had stopped bleeding to her relief, but she needed to go to a hospital.

Dom shoots off and Amalla braced herself as his Charger lifted off the ground. Amalla smirked and looked at Dom, Brian speeding next to them.

A siren rang in the air as they both looked forward. Dom glanced at her and squeezed her hand.

"Dom?" Amalla said, and Dom switched gears and sped forward. The on-coming train moved faster, they neared the track.

Amalla braced herself, as she squeezed Dom's hand. He returned the squeeze, and shifted gears a final time.

His charger sped and jumped through the air. Barely ahead of the train, and slammed back to the ground.

Amalla and Dom shouted in happiness, but stopped as a huge pressure was felt between them.

Small screamed of pain flew out as the door smashed in, a truck smashing into the passenger side at full speed. Pieces of metal flying as a spare piece sliced across Amalla's leg. The Charger flying int he air again as Dom shoved his arm against her chest, the roof caving in as the car tumbled across the ground. His left arm dislocated, as he steady himself with Amalla.

Amalla yelped as the dash board demolished piece of metal shot out. The shard carving against her stomach, as the car flipped a few more times before landing up side.

Amalla's head whipped back, and her forehead banged against the smashed door. Blood pooled around her, as Dom looked around dizzy.

"Amalla!"
"

Dom!"Brian yelled from outaode the charger, as he ran up to Dom.

"That's not what I had in mind." Dom said, and glanced at Amalla. He grabbed her hand, and tried to move her.

"Get me out. She's stuck." Dom said, as Brian helped him out of the window. They ran to her side, and pulled the windshield out.

"Amalla!" Brian yelled, and cut through the seatbelts. He pulled her slowly, and laid her on the ground.

Brian grabbed her, and quickly flipped his phone open.

"I need an ambulance at Benning and Fortsmith. Hurry, she's losing a lot of blood." He yelled, and sat her up against the charger.

Brian paused as he glanced back at Amalla. He pulled out the keys to his car and held them in front of Dom.

"You know what you're doing?" Dom asked as he stared at him.

"I owe you a 10-second car." Brian said, and Dom grabbed the keys.

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else mattered. She's apart of me now. She matters."

"For those 10 seconds or less...I'm free. But only with her." Dom said, and Brian nodded. He stared at her, and turned slowly to face him.

"I don't want you apart of her life. I know both of you need each other. But, being a brother to her comes first. And I need to do what is best for her. Even if this is not what she thinks is best for her. Because their are many ways she can have things best. I must not want her to have her best with you. I'm sorry." Brian said, and Dom sat in the car as he processed his words.

He gave Amalla a last look, as he remembered everything they did. What her face looked like when she smiled, when she laughed.

Dom pulled away as the police sirens became louder. Brian bent back to Amalla and kissed her forehead.

Brian sprinted away and hid as the ambulance arrived. He watched as they laid her into the ambulance and sped away.

-----

Amalla sat up slowly as her ribs and abdomen ached in pain. She felt over the painful areas, and felt rough lining.

She gasped as she tried to move. A figure came closer, as her eyes slowly focused.

"Bri.." She said quietly, and he walked closer.

"We have to go. We are now wanted. I don't want them to get you. Come on." Brian said, and quickly disconnected her. He slid her into his arms bridal style and he ran out of the hospital. He ran to his red car, and sped away as sirens were heard in their background.

"Where's Dom?" She asked quietly, and Brian frowned.

"He left. I let him go." Brian said, and cautiously glanced at her.

"Thank you." She said, and closed her eyes. Her eyes remembering Dom, in every way possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is now finished. I have already written the second to this book. It is called 'Scars', if it does not sound as good as this one that is because I wrote a while ago. I hope you enjoyed this book.

Comment to tell me your thoughts about how you liked it or how you hope Avia will be in the coming sequels