Chapter 6

Grace

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood next to the 1969 Chevy Camaro as Brian was over by his.

She worked silently as she removed unnecessary parts that were being ordered. She saw hands appear on the body as she was bent inside the hood.

"Hey." A voice spoke, and Amalla leaned back out to see Mia.

"Hey. Did you need something?" She questions, and Mia leaned on the car.

"Do you like my brother?" She responds, and Amalla chuckled.

"Almost as much as I like the police." Amalla lied clearly and bent back into the car.

"I know you're lying." Mia continues and moves next to her.

"How's that?" Amalla glanced back to her as she twisted a part in.

"My brother is staring at your ass." Mia replies and walks away. Amalla shot out quickly and looked behind her.

Dom caught a glimpse at her and turned around to speak to Brian. Amalla blushed lightly and glared at Mia playfully. Mia did a fist back and said 'yes' to herself.

Amalla rolled her eyes and went back to the car. Grabbing a piece and bending back down. She turned her head back at Dom with her hair hiding her face. Catching Dom was staring at her till Brian got his attention. She chuckled to herself and bent into the hood to attach the piece.

-----

Amalla sat in Brian's truck, as Vince, Jesse, and Leon loaded things into the truck.

"Brian, let me.." Amalla tries, but Brian puts a hand up.

"No, Malls." He responds and glances back at the guys.

"Why not?" He leaned in and gave her his attention.

"Because I want you to focus on the list. You know I'm terrible at it." He joked and stepped away to get the boxes. They tied and secured it as Brian climbed back into the truck.

Brian drove down the highway as the others followed to the garage. We pulled in slowly, unboxed everything, and sat it in a place.

....

Amalla sat in her car as she attached the new dash. She made sure it was secure and climbed out.

"Are you coming tonight?" Dom asks, walking up to her with a rag in his hand.

"Yeah. Wouldn't miss it." She smiled back and wiped her hands off on a rag on her hood.

"Great." Dom mumbles as he walks away. She glanced back to him, then looked to Brian.

"Hey, come here." Amalla yells, and Brian steps towards her.

"Yeah?" He questions, and she looked at Mia.

"Do you like Mia?" She glances back to the woman, and he gives her a look too.

"What! Pfft! No." Brian stutters, and Amalla looked around.

"Yeah, you do, Bri." Amalla teases her brother, as she hoped no one was listening.