Chapter 4

The Fort

3rd Pov. Amalla.

Amalla sped through the back streets of L.A. as she got closer to Dom's home. She speeds past a beach as the moon sits full in the sky, shining down. Amalla slowed to a stop as Dom stood slowly and awaited her.

"What are we doing?" He asks, and she stands in front of him. Her back facing him, the moonlight making her skin shine.

"So what was that?" Amalla asked after a moment, staring up at the moon.

"I can tell you at my fort. Let's go." Dom responds and turns back towards the bike. Amalla stayed out with her back to him.

"A business deal that went sour. Plus, I made the mistake of sleeping with his sister." Dom speaks, as she didn't move.

"Simple." Amalla answers and climbs back on the bike. She turned the ignition and waited for Dom.

He slowly climbs on behind her, holding her hips lightly. Amalla keeps her gasp quiet and speeds off. Dom smirked at her effort and softly squeezed her hips again. Amalla revs her engine and swerves past a few cars in return.

Amalla slows to a stop in front of a large two story white house. She stared up at it and stood off her bike with him. Brian stood there looking at them, as Dom started to walk up the stairs of this house. Brian mumbles something to her, and she nods. Brian and Amalla walked towards her bike as Dom yelled down.

"Yo, Spilner. You want a beer?" Dom awaits as Brian and Amalla turned around.

"Yeah, sure." Brian nods and walks up to the house.

"Mall! Get up here." Dom adds, and she blushes lightly and looks down. She stepped up the stairs as he opened the door.

Dom enters as Amalla appeared behind him. Dom glances around the crowd in his home. Amalla does the same as her eyes land on a man. The same man she hit a few days earlier. Dom strips off his jacket and tosses it to the side. Striding towards a man with a girl in his lap.

"Yo, Dom. We were just about to go looking for you, brother." The guy says, standing and dropping the girl to his side. Dom slaps his drink out of his hand, glaring around the people in the house.

"Where were you?" Dom shouts and walks over to the man Amalla hit.

"There were mass cops there. They came in from every direction. It was orchestrated." The man answers, and Dom looks down. He glanced back at Amalla and turned back forward.

"This your beer?" He says, and the man nodded, taking the drink.

"Yeah, that's my beer." He replies, and Dom turns, beginning to walk away.

"Yo, Einstein. Take it upstairs. You can't detail a car with the cover on." Dom speaks as he sees two people making out heavily in the kitchen.

"Can't even get that right." Dom muttered and continued toward Amalla.

"You alright?" A woman asks, and Dom stopped and looked at her.

"Am I all right?" He asks rhetorically,  and the girl backed in offense.

"It was just a question." She responds and moves away from him.

Amalla glanced behind her as Brian stood close. She gave him a weak smile, and he looked to Dom.

"Yo, Dom. Why did you bring the buster and the bitch here?" Vince yells from across the room as he saw them.

"Cause they kept me out of handcuffs! They didn't just run back to the fort! They brought me back." Dom yell back and finished as he approached Amalla and Brian.

"You can have any brew you want, as long as it's a Corona." Dom says and pointed the drink at Amalla, but turned to Brian.

"What, don't think I'll want it?" Amalla questioned and Dom smirked.

"Thought you might be a fruity kind of gal." Dom jokes, and Amalla grabbed the Corona.

"That's Vince's. So, enjoy it." Dom adds, as Amalla used Brian's shirt and wiped off the top. She pulled it back and sipped it. Vince pointed at her and she smirked lightly.

"Hey, bro. You got a bathroom?" Brian asked, as she handed him the beer.

"Upstairs. First door on the right." Dom says, as Vince and the other man walked up to him.

"They got no call being up in here. You don't know those fools for shit." Vince speaks as he stared straight at Amalla. She kept a blank stare, keeping her arms to her side.

"He's right, Dom." The other guy adds, and Dom points at Vince.

"There was a time when I didn't know you." Dom retorts, and Vince touched the top of his head.

"That was in the third grade!" Vince yells, glaring back at Amalla and Brian. Dom stood from where her perched int he staircase and walked back through the house towards the kitchen.

"So you must put out for Dom real good, if he's keeping you." Vince voices ahead of Amalla and Brian steps up to him. Amalla puts a hand to his chest, keeping him from moving.

"He probably wishes for the real thing already." She shot back as Vince stepped forward.

Amalla gave Brian a nod and turned sharply, her right foot flying up and kicking Vince's chest, knocking him away a few feet. He stumbles back as the other guy shoots to catch him, Dom stepping back into the room to see them.

"Hey! Knock it off!" Dom yells and Brian grabs Amalla's arm to hold her back. She chuckles in the restraint, watching Vince's shocked face turn into anger as he pushed to a stand.

"I'll leave." Amalla pulls away from them and stepped outside. She jogged down to her bike, and grabbed her helmet. Tying her brow. hair back, as she turned over the ignition.

"Amalla." Dom says, and she pauses in recognition.

"You don't have to go." He says, and Amalla smiles, watching as he stopped in front of her.

"I wouldn’t if I felt I had enough control not to kick his head off." Amalla replies and Dom smirked.

"Goodbye, Dom." She said, and lifted her leg over her bike.

"Goodbye or goodnight?" Dom asks as she kicked her kickstand up.

"Goodbye." She responds and sped down the street. Dom watched after her, seeing as she swerved past a car and drove down the hill.

A.N. [Revised: 3-12-24]