1920's part 1

1922:

"Don't even think about it, Arielle!" Came Lexi's stern voice. I sighed wistfully, looking at the humans dancing and drinking.

"But most of them are drunk, can't I just-" I ask but she cuts me off with a stern look.

"No. You've been doing well, Arielle. You haven't had a drop of fresh blood 1902. That's two decades, Arielle, twenty years! You are damned well not having any blood now." she orders. I sigh one more time and roll my eyes, stirring my drink.

"Why are we in Chicago, Lexi? You know I can't be in the same state as Klaus, let alone city without causing some major havoc." I mutter and take a sip of my drink, wincing at the sting of vervain as it slipped over my tongue.

"Well you are going to have to deal with it because it is Stefan's birthday, he's a ripper again and I think it's important for two rippers to meet, see how awful they are and help each other get over being rippers." She responds. I groaned.

"We already checked, Stefan is now Nikky's best friend in some vampire bromance."  I say in annoyance. "Besides I'm not a ripper anymore, Lex." I point out.

"No your not a danger hazard when you walk in a room, now you are at least semi-civil and have enough sense not to attack a human in broad daylight. You won't be better for a long time, Arielle. Your making progress, but slowly. Before I leave you alone for even a day, I have to know you won't return to that monster. Do you understand?" She asks.

"Yes, yes I understand."  I mumble in response. "I get it. I'm not yet stable. But being near Klaus isn't going to help me at all." I hiss back.

"If all goes well you won't even have to look at Klaus. We grab Stefan then leave as fast as possible. And if by accident you do see him well, use your witchy magic and get us out of there." She says with a shrug. I scowl at her.

"It nots called witchy magic first of all and second of all it's not that easy. I can't make him forget he saw me, I can only make him keep quiet about it. Or make him think it was some sort of illusion, but if Klaus believes he saw me, it won't matter what I try to make him believe he saw, he'll know." I say.

"Well then more the reason to make sure you don't get seen." She says.

"I thought you didn't like me using my magic anyway?" I ask her with a questioning look.

"I don't like it when you use it for evil, this is for protection. Completely different matter." She reassures and then she tosses me a real looking shoulder length black wig and then hands me two brown contacts.

"With this disguise I highly doubt the drunk Klaus will notice you at all." She says. I scowl at her and take the contacts and the wig into the bathroom and put them on, blinking in the contacts. The wig is completely out of style and if anything, will make me stand out more so I pin it up, manuevering so it looks semi-in style. I go out and twirl and she claps with an approving smile.

"Perfect, now go change into one of your party dresses and we'll head off to the party." She says. I roll my eyes and head to the closet, finding a white flapper. I head out where Lexi is waiting all ready and give a dry smile. She returns it and we head towards the bar. Inside classy jazz music plays, and Gloria sings. She gives me a small smile when she sees me and I wave at her. Lexi elbows me, reminding me to stop hanging out with her.

I roll my eyes and follow her through the crowd, grabbing a drink off a passing tray as we go and take a huge gulp of it. She stops, searching for him. "There he is." I say, pointing upstairs where he's sitting with Rebekah and of course Klaus. She turns to me. "Stay here, stay out of sight, and don't cause trouble." She orders. I salute her.