The difference between sadism and spite

"Elena! I'm here!" I call, opening up the door and stepping inside. Nobody responds so I walk further inside, closing the door. I walk into the kitchen to where Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie are standing all giving me a very serious look.

"What?" I ask, confused as to what I did. Elena sighs.

"Why were you over at Klaus' house? And don't say you weren't because both Stefan and Damon said you were there." Elena says. I jump up on the counter, looking back at all of their hard faces.

"Is it so wrong I was over at Klaus'? For all you know I could've been setting up traps and causing trouble." I say, pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah but you've been against the idea of killing Klaus the entire time. You guys were like in some weird romance back in the salem witch trials. How can we trust you?" Caroline asks. I scowl.

"First of all it wasn't all that weird. Second of all I am against killing Klaus. Do you want to know why? Well I don't even have to tell you. Why don't you look at Elena. She may not show it, but she loves Stefan and Damon and sometimes they are just as bad as Klaus. You can't help who you love, even if it is a sadistic murderer who destroys lives like Klaus. But if there's one thing I know for a fact, it's that Klaus did love me, just as Elena knows Stefan did love her and you know what? He still does. But he can't help what he is." I say, seething.

"All vampires are like that. And sometimes, sometimes it seems so easy for them to get over their problems, to stop being what they are. Here's some advice. Stefan is a ripper, he doesn't want to be, he's trying as hard as he can not to be, but he is. And even if he fights it, bury's it deep inside him, that part of him still exists. But if you can't love someone while they're like that, then you don't really love them at all. It's not easy to change who you are, especially for vampires. Klaus is no different. Sometimes it seems like they don't want to change at all, and it's such a frustrating feeling because you start to wonder if they'll ever be the person you knew again. But if you know there is a part of them that is capable of loving and compassion and even hurt, then you know you can save them. Elena, you can save Stefan and Damon." I say, and take a shaky breath.

"I think I can save Klaus too. The problem is getting them to want to change. The next step is making them. Then it's making sure they stay with it until you know they can hold onto that good side of them more then the dark side. But overall, sometimes it isn't enough. And if it isn't, if I see for myself that Klaus can't be saved, and doesn't want to be, then I will kill him. But until then, I'm going to try to keep him alive." I finish. They're all silent.

"He still killed my aunt, Arielle. He still tried to kill Jeremy, and Caroline and Bonnie. He tried to kill me too. And I'm sorry but I can't forgive all that." Elena says. I sigh.

"What about Damon and Stefan? Let's see if I remember correctly, Damon used Caroline and tried to kill her. And tried to kill Bonnie. And almost turned you into a vampire twice, Elena. Stefan killed that reporter Andy Star, and who knows how many others. If you can really say that I'm at fault here, then your nothing but a hypocrite. All of you." I snap. They don't respond and I stalk out of the house, fuming.

I immediately run to the mansion, deciding since Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena had all turned against me, I'd go talk to Bekah. I waltz into the house, pushing past Esther and Finn in the process.

"Hello love." Klaus says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Cut the crap Klaus, i'm in a bad mood." I grumble and sit down on the couch.

"Who pissed you off?" Kol asks with an arrogant grin.

"And I missed the fight? Shame, it would've been interesting." Klaus says, teasing me. I scoff at him and Kol.