Strega

Bonnie's pov:

"So what you're saying is that Arielle is a hybrid? A witch and Vampire hybrid?" I asked in disbelief. Elena nodded, still looking shaken.

"I don't remember they're entire conversation but I could tell that Klaus and Arielle knew each other from a long time ago." Elena said in a wavering voice. We were sitting around in Damon and Stefan's living room. I nodded and pulled a spell book onto my lap.

"I thought her last name seemed...familiar." I said and looked inside the book. It was more of a history of witches then a book of spells. It gave of coven names, powerful witches through time. Most of the kind of magic they used and things that made them famous.

I searched up the last name Estrega but found nothing. I sighed.

"Her last name isn't in here." I said in frustration. Elena tapped her foot impatiently.

"Try Strega." Stefan said, overhearing our conversation and then without another word he walked upstairs and into his room. I rolled my eyes. I looked it up and there it was in bold letters 'Strega witches' I cleared my throat and read aloud.

"Strega witches migrated from Italy over to the united states sometime in the early 1900's. They were the smallest group of witches to ever exist. But what they lacked in numbers made up for power, as Strega witches are known as the most powerful witches to ever walk the earth. They're magic is known as wise and beautiful. Strega witches are most known for they're amount of power, and how it bulids upon itself little by little. Most known witches in Strega History." I repeated.

I looked over at Elena before continueing.

"Annalissa Morsen. Born 1945 died 1980. Could create her own spells and was part of the immigration to America.' We went through lists of names, until we finally made it to the bottom of the short list.

"Abigail Williams born unknown, death unknown. Most known for her betrayal of the people in Salem Massachussetts in 1692. Some say she has was the darkest witch to walk the earth. It is said that she controlled her cousin Betty with her voodoo, making her story more credible during the salem witch trials." I said and frowned.

"But that can't be right. It said that the Stega witches came to America in the 1900's not the 1600's." Elena said. I nodded.

"Maybe it was a typo?" I asked, though neither of us believed it.

"Keep reading." Elena prompted. I turned to the next name.

"Gabrielle Strega born 1678 death-unknown." I said and frowned.

"Do you think Arielle might have changed her name?" Elena asked. I nodded.

"I mean look at Katherine. Her real name is Katerina Petrova but now she goes by something different. Klaus doesn't go by Niklaus anymore either. It's possible Arielle changed her name in order to keep a low profile." I said.

"You're right." Elena said in acknowledgment.

"Gabrielle Strega, a pureblood of the Strega Witches coming from the core of Strega witches. Gabrielle is the cousin of Abigail Williams and Betty parris. Despite Abigail Williams. reportedly the most dark witch of all time as her cousin, Gabrielle is a very pure witch, only using the magic of her own pureblood. Gabrielle is the strongest witch of the Strega bloodline and possibly the strongest witch to ever walk the earth." I repeated.

"Woah so the book didn't have a typo or anything? And Gabrielle was cousins to Abigail, one of the little girls who started the Salem witch trials." Elena said breathlessly.

"That doesn't make sense. Gran said that none of the people persecuted in the Salem witch trials were witches."  I said, eyesbrows creasing together in confusion.