Friendship

I hurried inside the hospital, searching for the room. I almost ran smackdab into Elena, who was pacing the halls worredly. She almost fell and I helped steady her. She gave me a greatful, but anxious look. "Thanks for coming." She said, relieved.

"No big deal. How is he?" I asked, my eyesbrows creasing in concern.

"He'll survive." She sighed. "It was a supernatural that killed him so the ring will take effect." She said. The ring. Ahhh.

"Oh then he'll be fine. Damon fed him his blood right?" I asked. She nodded.

"What do you know about the ring?" He asked. I smirked a little to myself.

"Oh you know, I created them. There is a pretty freaking awesome story behind it too." I said. Elena laughed a little.

"Woah you created them? Wait, how many are there?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't remember how many I exactly made. Not a lot though. Maybe two or three. My goal wasn't how many I made." I said.

"So tell me the story." She said.

"Okay so it was back in the eighteen hundreds. In mystic falls. Emliy Bennett was a good friend of mine and a capable witch. I had come to mystic falls with the other vampires, although I wasn't technically apart of their group and not many of them knew I was a vampire. Only Katherine and Pearl knew. But anyway Emily was worried about the amount of vampires in town. She knew someone was going to get hurt and I shared her concern. We were especially scared for the people who were working to get rid of the vampires.

"We both decided it was best that the vampires leave or at worst be killed. So I created a spell over a couple of rings. I couldn't stop a person from being killed or dying, no witch can put that kind of power into a ring. However I  could stop a person from dying a supernatural death by the cause of supernatural beings. So I created the rings and I delivered them to members of the commity. They had no idea to I was a vampire, in fact they wouldn't have even been able to guess. And they're compass wouldn't have worked because I was also a witch. It is much harder to kill a hybrid and since I am the original witch/vampire hybrid I can't be killed, just like Klaus." I said. I took a deep breath and then continued.

"Ultimately, I saved those mens lives. However as sad as I was about the vampires dying I knew they needed to. I already knew of Katherine's plan to escape. But Emily didn't. And Damon pleaded for her to save her. So Emily locked them in the tomb. And you know the rest." i said with a smile.

"Awesome. You created the magic rings. What else can you create?" She asked. I smiled mischeviously.

"I could probably put the hybrid curse on Klaus again. I could probably kill off all of his hybrids with that as well. Or at least lock their werewolf or vampire sides. As far as magical items went I could probably create a ring capable of protecting you from compulsion. Or I could put an spell on your house that would stop any magical beings from coming in, even if they've already been invited in.

"And they can't be invited in after that. I could even pass on my power to you through a ring, though it would be temperary. A small amount of power that could help you do small things like pop vampire brain cells or give you future visions or possibly even put a spell on your skin so that when someone touches you they get burned." I said. her jaw hung open in shock.

"That is so cool. Could you make me a magical item? Even if I am a doppleganger?" She asked. I nodded.

"Sure. Some things apply to humans only but most stuff works on both supernatural and normal. I'll work on something for you. I'll make it super creative so it'll be cool." I said, smiling. Over the weeks, Elena and I had grown really close. Along with Bonnie and Caroline I'd never had more friends before. Even back when I was human. Most people thought of me as that poor girl who's mother died or the stuck up quiet girl or even that witch girl. The closest I'd ever really come to friend was probably Katherine. Sure the girl got on my nerves and I annoyed her to hell but we often pulled off schemes together.