the Promise

1692:

A commotion outside stirred me from my sleep and I rubbed my eyes and walked outside the house, trying to discover what the commotion was. I followed the group of people and pushed through the crowds until i came to the front of the crowd. I gasped at what I saw.

Abigail and Betty were convulsing on the ground. Minutes passed until they stopped and like I did the first I discovered I was a witch they both dry heaved, sweat pouring down their faces. When they stopped they both looked up and around at everyone, feigned innocence and fear etched over their faces.

"Tituba is a witch!" Abigail shrieked, pointing towards the voodoo artist. Tituba was dragged away. The girl shouted out names until others were dragged away as well. When it stopped people parted away, whispering and gossiping to themselves. I stood there, staring blankly at the girls. I knew for a fact Abigail was a witch, but Betty wasn't. I also knew that Abigail had absorbed magic from Tituba.

I approached them, and the doctor tried to hold me.

"These girls are controlled by demons! You must be careful around them from now on, Gabrielle." He ordered. I pushed his hand away, giving him an icy glare.

"They are my cousins, I can handle being around them. No evil shall befall of me." I said strictly and walked towards them. They were both standing now, hand in hand. Betty looked dazed and lost, no glema in her eye showing she was even alive. Just pools of nothingness.

Abigail however was a different story. She was very much alive with a sinister gleam in her eyes, showing her true benevolence. Abigail gave ma chilling smile, extending her hand to me.

"Gabrielle, my dear cousin." She said in a trance like voice, meaning the magic was completely controlling her. I put my hands on my hips.

"What do you think you are doing, Abigail? Punishing innocent people to death!" I hissed at her, seething. Abigail's eyes flashed much like mine when I was angry.

"You have no idea who you're talking to, Gabi. You shall respect me or you shall be next!" She growled.

"Get ahold of yourself, Abigail!" I shrieked. I barely saw her move but next thing I no Betty's fingernails were digging into my cheek. Blood welled as the stinging pain did and Betty moved back to her position beside Abigail, holding hands once more. I hissed in pain, holding my cheek as blood pooled down it.

Abigail smirked at me and I could see as she watched every blood droplet fall to the ground and she licked her lips as if she enjoyed my pain.

"Such lovely blood, Gabrielle. I want you to be my servant as well, Gabrielle. You are loved by the people here, even more so then me and Betty. With your beauty, your charm, and your intelligence everybody falls to your feet. Yes, you shall be my servant as well." Abigail mused.

I stared at her in shock, jaw gaping open. She seemed lost in her own thoughts until she looked back up at me a horrifying smile over her lips.

"Will you be my servant as well, Gabrielle?" She asked, licking her lips once more. "Betty is already my pawn. Say you will be my pawn as well?" She asked lightly.

"Being near you is a sin!" I hissed, still holding my cheek and trying to stop the blood. Betty had gotten me good with her claws. I was sure it would need some stitching. Abigails face  hardened and something gleamed in her eyes. I felt the tug at my mind and I knew what she was doing.

She was trying to break my barriers, break my will and make me her puppet. I then realized Abigail was unaware to the fact that I was a witch as well, and much more powerful then her. Even if she was harboring dark magic. I pushed against her forces and shoved her out of my mind so forcefully she and Betty stumbled backwards and fell down.