Mystic Falls

1688:

I studied the flower, following each of the colors. The middle was dark pink and as it extended it became lighter. I sat down next to the flower, and plopped down the book on my lap. I flipped open to the certain page I had been on last and studied the spell. After memorizing it, I closed the book and chanted.

"Artificiose deformant fictile multiplicamini terram flower!" I said in whispery yell and one by one flowers popped up from the ground, exact duplicates of the flower. I smiled at them and giggled, picking a few.

"Gabrielle?" My mother called. I picked a few more and ran back to the house, showing them to my mother. She gasped in surprise.

"Gabrielle, those are beautiful." She said in astonishment. I smiled at her.

"They're for you, for your birthday. Do you like them?" I asked. She nodded and took the flowers from my arms, looking at them lovingly.

"They are wonderful, Gabrielle. Thank you. Now go get ready for dinner." She said with a small smile and gently pushed me inside the hut.

Present:

I walked into the Mystic Falls grill and strolled up to the bar, when it happened. It came on so fast I didn't have time to fully understand it. I gasped, stumbling backwards as the images flashed through my head. My eyes fogged over completely, like they did whenever this happened. 

 I stumbled into a wall and slid down onto the floor. People seemed to have noticed my collapse and crowded around me, causing fatigue. When my vision cleared I noticed similar faces surrounding me. One was Elena Gilbert, Katie's doppleganger. Another was Caroline Forbes, Elena's best friend, and the last was none other then Bonnie Bennett. 

Her eyes were full of concern and suspicion. She was a smart one, already suspecting me. I stood up, offering a small dizzy smile to everyone. 

"Should I call for an ambulance?" A kind old woman asked. I shook my head. 

"I am fine, just blacked out for a second. There is no need for an ambulance." I said kindly. She nodded. Without another word I headed outside of the grill, wiping the small beads of sweat off of my forehead. Fear struck me for a moment. Klaus was coming. I had no time to leave either. He would be here tonight, in about six hours. He would have a trail by then. And he would follow it. 

If there was one thing I knew better then anything else about Klaus, it was that he didn't like being threatened, he didn't like being humiliated, and he certainly would not like my shoving a stake in his heart, even if it wouldn't kill him, and he certainly wouldn't like my hand in killing Gloria.

Besides that, running wasn't really my style. That was more of a Katie thing. The girl was manipulative and deceitful but once things headed south she was gone. I kind of liked to stop and watch the mischief I created go down. 

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice very similar to Katherine's asked behind me. I turned around to find Elena there. She had a concerned expression on her face, one you wouldn't even find on Katie's unless it was about herself. I decided I liked Elena. She was everything katherine wasn't. Kind hearted, sweet, and doesn't run for the hills when things get rough.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a bit tired. I'm better now. I'm Arielle." I said with a smile, extending my hand. 

"I'm Elena, oh and these are my friends Bonnie and Caroline." Elena said as Bonnie and Caroline proceeded out the doors and stood next to Elena. I shook Caroline's hand and then I shook Bonnie's hand. She gave a small gasp when we shook hands, a gasp only a vampire would be able to hear. 

"So what are you doing in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked. 

"Oh I'm enrolling in school here. At Mystic Falls high. I'm starting soon." I said easily, the lies coming quickly and smoothly. 

"Oh we go to school there too. Are you a senior?" Caroline asked. 

"Yeah." I said. 

"Oh that is awesome! We're pulling the senior prank tonight and could totally use more help. Want in? It's going to be amazing." She gushed cheerfully. I never knew a vampire could be so perky. I always thought I was what came closest to it, but I wasn't perky or optimistic, just nice enough to not to kill or hurt someone because I'm thirsty. 

"Sure, sounds like fun!" I said with fake enthusiasm. I definitely knew where Klaus was going to be now. I mentally sighed. We parted ways and I walked down the streets of Mystic Falls searching for a hotel. I frowned when I was unable to find one. Did this place really not have a freaking hotel? Not even a motel? Geez.

Didn't matter anyway, I was leaving soon anyway. This place was too small and attracted too much  attention from supernatural beings. I preferred to stay away from vampires and werewolves, preferring the company of Witches and humans. 

I even went as far as to get rid of vampires terrorizing the towns I lived in when they were passing through. Sparks of power sizzled at my fingertips and I let out an unvoluntary hiss. The magic was building. I clenched my fists in tight balls and hurried off towards the edge of town. I hadn't had the perfect chance to talk to Bonnie yet and by now the power was begging to be released. 

At the edge of town, in the forests I mumbled ancient words and like gasoline had suddenly been poured over a group of trees and some ignorant hikers had lit a bon fire, the forest was ablaze. Then before any real damage was actually caused I waved a hand and it ended just as quickly as it came. 

The magic still itched at my fingertips and that uncomfortable gut ache was starting to form in my chest. I let out a growl.  I mumbled  more ancient words and storm clouds crowded across the sky. Rain started trickling and I felt the power dwindling. I grinned smugly as the sparks at my fingers became nonexistent.

The ache in my gut settled and I gave a sigh of relief and headed back into town. I looked at my watch and realized it was almost time to meet at the school. I swore mentally and ran at a human pace down the streets towards the school.

I made it in the knick of time and saw Caroline and Elena heading inside the school. I caught up to them and smiled.

"Hey." I said casually.

"Oh good, you made it." Caroline said.

"Will the storm create any problems with the prank Caroline?" Elena asked. She frowned.

"No, the prank is all inside. The storm won't cause any trouble unless it cuts the power." She said with a shrug.

"I don't think it'd become that bad." I said easily.

"Yeah." Elena agreed half-heartedly. We headed inside and it didn't take long for Caroline to start giving out orders. I was ordered to teppe the pool room and did as I was told at vampiric speed. When I was done, I settled against the pool room wall, rubbing my temples. My power had dwindled considerably with using the storm, leaving a now hollow feeling inside me.

That was the risky part of using storms, you could easily lose too much power. I mumbled something and the storm stopped. I would definitely need my power in order to escape or fight Klaus. Either one worked well. Although for now I would rather evade Klaus.

I had admitted to information I didn't want him to know in the heat of anger. but when you build up anger over around 300 years you might act a little impulsively as well. However, injuring Klaus would be nearly impossible, Killing him, pfft. Forget it. When it came to who was a hyrbid longer I had Klaus beat. But Klaus has been a vampire way longer then me, and he is also the first original.

I could be the death of Klaus, but even that is a long shot. A single thought crossed my mind in that moment. 'Klaus' here' I stood from my position on the floor and headed out into the hallways. I walked into the gym and the climbed up into the pillars, deciding I would watch and ambush from there. I looked over my nails while waiting for him.

Klaus half dragged Elena into the room. I smirked. It was time. I jumped down from the pillars.

***

Thank you to everyone who has been voting and commenting on my stories, and even just reading! This chapter is dedicated to all of you becuase you made me want to update!