Chapter 10 part 2 Karma

Start from the beginning

“How many blood bags are left?” I asked curiously.

“Including the one in my hand? One.” Perseus looked down at his blood bag as he extended his hand offering it to me. I almost was on the verge of snatching it out of his hands when I saw the hunger in his eyes, I assumed he had been beyond starving given everything that’s happened and I can’t blame him for not wanting to feed but he could die if he didn’t.

“You take it.” I added flatly as I watched him look torn before I gestured him to go ahead. I even turned away so I couldn’t see him but then the smell of the blood as nasty as it was it still drew me in.

When Perseus’ lips met the bag and I watched his throat swallow the blood, I felt my entire body crave blood. I ignored it but then the pain began to rise and that’s when I stood up and walked to the back of the plane and tried to fight the urge to jump off this jet, plunging myself into the ground to end my cursed life.

After Perseus had finished, he walked over towards me and although my back was facing him I could still sense his presence.

“I’m fine, you can leave.” I refused to turn around and Perseus took this as a challenge.

He slid his hand into the palm of mine and gave it a quick tug. “ Nobody should have to go through this alone.” His tone was soft and understanding.

It didn’t occur to me that he was the only person who truly understood how low and disgusting I felt right now. Slowly I turned to face him but still refused to look at him, I knew my eyes would show just how disgusting I was right now. When Perseus lifted my chin so I had no choice but to look at him, I did. As our eyes met Perseus instantly and without hesitation pulled me into his arms in an embrace.

At first I stood there as his arms wrapped around me and somehow it lessened the pain. It still hurt but I didn’t feel so damn alone in all of this. When I pulled back, I gave him a small grin.

“Usually your kindness and sensitivity to people’s emotions would annoy me, but right now it’s kind of nice.” I added before letting out a small laugh.

Perseus just smiled a little. “Good.”

I caught him looking at me funny and there was something about the way he was looking down at me that made me strangely nervous. His eyes met mine and quickly I looked away, as though I had been caught looking at him inappropriately. I turned around when another burst of pain coursed through my body, this time it almost brought me to my knees. The numbing, burning feeling started in my stomach and worked it’s way up into my esophagus. A wave of vertigo hit as my balance began to shift. Everything became hazy and honestly it felt like I was slowly and agonizingly dying. I couldn’t handle how bad this was.

“There’s another way to distract the pain.” Perseus mumbled under his breath as I turned around to ask him what that was.

I figured he’d have another needle in hand ready to jab it into me but to my surprise he pulled me into him by my waist and plunged his mouth onto mine. At first I thrashed and struggled against him, but that was mainly because I could taste the blood off his tongue from his feeding and I was going absolutely insane. I wanted to sink my fangs into him and I couldn’t stop my fangs from extending as I tried to fight his mouth away from mine.

“Stop. I’m going to hurt you.” I whimpered against his mouth as we were both panting excessively.

“No you won’t.” Perseus pulled back, just enough to break the kiss before he brushed his fingers into my hair as he brought his lips back down to mine.

This time I didn’t fight him. Somehow he knew I wouldn’t push him away, just as he knew the first time I pushed him away that it wouldn’t last. The pain seemed almost trivial right now. I was so completely flabbergasted that I couldn’t even think straight.