XVI

Snow ran through the trees in the dark woods. It was cold. I held myself with my arms around Jungkook's waist. He had a cloak too but his didn't cover his head.
   The horse ran for hours. It looked like we couldn't find the place in the dark night. I was falling asleep when Jungkook talked.
   -We're arriving. Please try to cover yourself the most you can.
   We were in a cemetery. Quite creepy but I wasn't afraid because I was with him. I felt like he would always protect me.
   The darkness started disappearing. I started seeing the light of houses. Big houses like the nobles's ones. There were people outside. Isn't very late to be out?
   Snow kept running fast. After the big houses we arrived at a palace. A big one. There weren't any guards in there. How strange...
   The horse started walking slower when we arrive at a big garden. A lot of people came from inside of the palace.
   -Your highness!- someone said.
   -You're finally here!
   -Thank God you're alright!
   I was confused. Your highness? He stopped Snow and helped me getting out. I felt all the eyes on me.
   -Sorry for the time I took. I'm back now- he said and put his arm around my waist- let's go- he whispered.
   We walked trough the crowd. I kept staring at the floor. An awful smell invaded my nose. It was the smell of blood. What!? These people are vampires? I looked up slowly and saw some with red eyes.
   Inside there were a lot of people too. Some of them came to talk with Kookie. He just pushed me closer to him. Then two man knelt in front of us. They were them same ones from the ball. Baekhyun and Taemin, I think.
   -Your highness...- one said.
   -We talk later- Jungkook said and kept walking.
   This palace was so beautiful. More than mine. We walked upstairs to the third floor.  He guided us to a door in a big corridor. He opened it revealing a giant room. Like the one from my parents.
   -You can take your cloak off now- he said and I did it- you must be tired. I'll call servants to give you a bath and then you can sleep.
   -Thank you Kookie...- I said- but... where are we?- I was so confused.
   -I'll explain everything to you tomorrow, Lottie- he kissed my forehead.
   -Lottie?- I laughed a bit. He smiled.
   -I'll call human servants so don't be afraid. No one will hurt you in here.
   He said and left the room. I was alone. A bit later someone knocked and then entered. It was two girls. They looked a bit older than me.
   -Miss, you are Charlotte, right?- the one with red hair asked.
   -Yes- I said a bit afraid.
   -Please come with us- the other with brown hair said.
    They prepared me a bath. Even the bathroom was giant. I noticed that they had mark bites in their necks and arms.
   -Can I ask you something- they nodded- what's this place? Where are we?- I'm too curious to wait for Kookie's explanation.
   -Kingdom of vampires- one said.
   -This is the palace of prince Jungkook. The one who controls the all vampire world.
   What? Kookie is a prince?
   -And who is the king?
   -There's no kings in the vampires monarchy. The prince has the biggest power in the kingdom.
   -If this is the kingdom of vampires then why're you here?- I asked.
   -We're slaves, miss...
   -You're human too right, Miss Charlotte?
   -Yes... what's your names?
   -I'm Alisha- the one with brown hair answered.
   -I'm Summer- said the one with red hair.
   -Thank you for answering my questions, Alisha and Summer- I smiled- I'm quite afraid right now...
   -Don't be, Miss. Only the royal family and human slaves can come to the third floor. His highness is the only member of the royal family alive so don't worry- Alisha said.
   They gave me a night dress. It was blue and was a bit big for me Especially the cleavage.
   -It was from the previous princess- Summer said.
   -What happened to her?- I asked and they looked at each other.
   -That's not for you to worry about, miss. Please sleep well.
   They left the room. It was hard to fall asleep.

   When I woke up someone was beside me. I got scared that was a vampire and sat in the bed. It really was a vampire but a sweet one that opened his eyes when I sat.
   -Did you sleep well?- he asked.
   -Yes- I answered and looked at the window. There was almost no light outside. It was almost night. How long did I sleep?
   -You're probably confused, aren't you?- he asked.
   -Yes, I am... are you really a prince?
   -Yes... I didn't want to concern you about  more vampire things... I'm sorry...
   -No, don't worry- I laid my hand in his shoulder.
   -There's still a lot of things you need to know about this place- he said- and I'll get you new clothes- he looked at the night dress- I don't like to see you with these. But anyways first you'll have to get used to the schedule in here. We sleep during the day and walk out at night.
   -Alright...- I said.
   -You'll be fine, don't worry. I'll do somethings down there. Get ready and stay here until I arrive.
   He left the room faster. As he said, I dressed myself. The girls yesterday left a dress in here for me. I dressed it and brushed my hair. I found makeup in the bathroom so I applied a bit. After I was ready I looked in the window. It had a view for a big garden. Maybe the one from yesterday. It was night now. There were people down there. Vampires.
   Kookie was taking too long. I decided I would meet him myself. I opened the door and walked in the big corridor. In the edge of the stairs I could see some people. They won't do anything with me, right? When I finished the stairs everyone started looking at me. Some men started approaching.
   -Oh what we've got here? A little slave come out of her place- one said.
   -Don't scar her, Namjoon- another said.
   -I just want to have a little fun- he said and held my wrist.
   -Please, stop- I said.
   -Oh I'm just starting, darling.
   -Yugyeom!- someone screamed. Everyone looked around. It was Jungkook. Thank God.
   -Your highness- everyone there bowed.
   -Are you okay?- he asked me and I nodded- let's go.
   We walked upstairs again. There was a weird silence between us. On the second floor he stopped.
   -I told you to wait for me- he said.
   -I know, I'm sorry but you were taking too long.
   -I'm sorry. From now on you'll always be with this- he gave me a dagger with a pink tie and three fake flowers- it has poison that can kill a vampire. You'll hide it in here- he knelt and lifted my dress revealing my legs.
   -K-Kookie what're you doing?- I blushed a bit.
   He put a the dagger in a league, in a way no to fall. When he finished he put the dress back down and stood up. He grabbed myself by my hand. He took us to a room with a big table. The dinning room probably.
   -Eat whatever you want- he said.
   After I ate we left that room. I didn't know where we were going.
   -I have some stuff to do. Would you want to stay in the room or come with me?
   -I'll go with you, Kookie- I said.
   -Alright but just one thing. Don't call me Kookie when we're not alone alright?
   -Yes...- it made me a bit sad actually.
   He took me to a new room on the second floor. It was his office. It had two big bookshelves filled with dusty books. He sat on the chair of the table and started looking at some papers.
   -You can read whatever you want. I'll show you my real secret library someday- he winked.
   I picked one book that looked interesting and sat in a comfortable chair close to his desk.
   Some people entered to talk with Jungkook. They only gave me a bad look...