Momma

"M-Momma? Is everything okay?" She turned to him and let out an annoyed sigh. "Go away Klide."  "Are you sure Momma? D-Do you need any help?" She snarled,"Not from you." Klide felt his heart ache. "O-Okay...Goodnight Momma..." She waved her hand for him to go and turned back to her cigarette.

He let a soft sigh escape his lips and slowly turned to walk away. "And Klide?" His features brightened greatly and he turned back around,"Yes Momma?" "Get that damn cat out of here." Klide looked down only to see his tabby cat, Promise. "A-Ah! Yes Momma..." He scooped the cat up in his arms and walked out of the darkened room, closing the door behind him.

He slid down it and tears began to glisten in his blue eyes. Burying his face in Promise's fur he cried softly. The cat meowed and pawed at his face. Klide cries got louder, not that he had noticed. "Klide! Get away from my door!" He jumped but stuttered out a 'Yes Momma!' as more tears welled in his eyes.

Klide awoke with teary blue eyes. They were dark, almost navy. He had always wondered where he got them from since his mom had bright green eyes, and her father and twin shared garnet red eyes. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair, another thing his mother and her family didn't have.

He would say it was his family too, if not for the fact that they all acted like he didn't exist. He could never figure out what he did to make them all hate him. But for as long as he could remember they made it a point to go out of their way, just to pretend he wasn't there.

Klide was definitely sick of it, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. He was only 17, not old enough to be out of the house, but he had saved up money from small jobs he had; at least enough to buy himself an apartment after he graduated. He let out a breath of relief. It was relief that he wasn't reliving his past; relief that he wasn't as alone as he once was.

Pushing the covers off of his body he let out a yawn before standing up and stretching. He grabbed his clothes that he had laid out the night before and headed to the bathroom to do his normal morning routine, which consisted of brushing his teeth, taking a shower, applying deodorant, getting changed, and styling his hair.

He grabbed his black bag that sat on his bedroom floor and headed downstairs. He slipped on his shoes and ran out the door. Klide may have been brave, but he didn't like to deal with his mom too early in the morning.

He walked the long way to school, mainly because he had time, but also because the bus was always too noisy for his liking. When he arrived barely anyone was there yet giving him time to drop his bag off at his locker, grab books tor his first three periods, and hurry to class.

Before he knew it, classes were over and it was time to go home. As he was walking home he kicked the pebbles that were on his path, finding no meaning in their being there. Part of him wanted to go home quickly while the other part of him wanted to stay out longer. But either way he knew his destination was home.

Why would he stay out if there was nothing he could do?

He rolled his eyes at he thought before nonchalantly walking across the street. But then he heard car horns and the sound of rubber against cement...yet something told him to keep his head down. Then everything went black.

The little boy sat up bawling his eyes out while crying for his mom. He couldn't believe how she was in his nightmare, his mom wasn't like that. His mom was never like that. A woman with sand colored hair and green eyes came in. The young boys puffy red eyes looked at her before he closed them and ran to his mother, holding her tightly in his tiny arms.

And it took him a minute to realize what happened afterwards. He fell to the floor and began to sob louder, holding his now bright red cheek. "What is wrong with you child? Don't be stupid. Shut up and go back to bed. We'll discuss your punishment for waking me up in the morning." The woman glared at him and slammed the door shut.

"But-! Momma...? P-Please don't go...M-Momma! Please stay! Momma I love you, just stay! Please!" The boy cried at the door- lip quivering, eyes closed. His cat meowed and trotted over to him, rubbing herself against him and purring. "Go to bed now Klide!" He bit his lip and sniffled slightly, trying to make his tears go away. "Y-Yes Momma..." He tried to put on a gentle smile. And for the first time, Klide couldn't take it.

And Klide's smile fell.

Lesson~ Some kids try everything to please their parents, at least until they break. But the kids who try that usually have the parents who blame their kids for their troubles, and try to tear them apart.