Reality

He pretended to be okay. He pretended that he was always happy. He pretended that he never cried. He pretended that he didn't loose hope.

His name was Pheno.

He was always flashing brilliant grins and telling jokes for others laughter. He was the most friendly person in the school. He gave his trust to others easily. He was a beautiful person...at least thats what everyone thought.

But inside, he was depressed. Inside, he couldn't pretend to be okay. Inside, he couldn't stop crying. Inside, he had lost hope awhile ago.

Inside, he was dead.

Yet no one knew. They thought that his fake smiles were real. They thought that he was okay. They thought that he was always happy. They thought he had a perfect life, a perfect family. But Pheno was far from perfect, and so was his family.

His mother was an abusive drug addict. His father was a drunk. His sister was a whore. His brother snuck drugs away from his mother and did them in his room. And Pheno was depressed. He enjoyed pain. He wanted to die. He wished he didn't exist. Yet they all seemed so perfect.

Reality is a terrible thing.

Lesson~ It's easy to make a broken smile seem fixed. It's easy to believe the lies people tell in order to fit in.