Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

            Preston woke up the next morning alone in bed; he had forgotten they were leaving early today. He was going back home for about a month. He wasn’t looking forward to it, his dad and Ann Marie weren’t talking to him. He knew things at home were going to be tense, he still hadn’t told his mom about everything that has happened. He was worried she was going to think badly of him. He rolled out of the bed and get ready. He found everyone in the kitchen eating breakfast.

            “What part of we are leaving early in the morning did you not understand?” Vera asked as she handed him a plate of food.

            “It’s not my fault someone didn’t wake me up.” Preston said as he cut into his pancakes.

            “Yup that’s Preston for you, always laying the blame on someone else.” Xavier said. Preston looked at Robert for some help.

            “Come guys, I didn’t have the heart to wake him up. You have no idea how adorable he looks when he sleeps.” Robert said as he gives Preston a kiss.

            “It still is going to put us behind schedule, but lucky for you I’m really in no hurry to get home. Not really looking forward to all the drama that is going to go down when everything is out in the open.” Xavier said.

            “Must you remind me? I still have no idea what Ann Marie is going to do; you know she never lets anything go without making a big deal about it.”

            “Tell me about, but don’t worry you got me on your side.”

            “Thanks Zay, I’m going to need all the help I can get. You realize this is going to be my first Christmas at home in four years?”

            “Dang your right, they weren’t the same without you there. Now this Christmas is just going to be tense. You know what I think we should just stay here, we can tell mom something came up and we can’t get out of it?”

            “Don't tempt me, I really wish we could but you know mom would just kill us for not going home. We missed thanksgiving already and plus Robert’s little sister will kill me if I keep Robert here and he misses her first ultrasound.”

            “Yeah she will, ok come on hurry and finish eating. The sooner we can get on the road the better.” Robert took everyone’s plates but Preston’s, and started washing them in the sink. Xavier leans over to Preston and whispers “he knows he has a dishwasher right?” Preston almost choked on his food, while he was trying not to laugh.

            “Dishwashers are for lazy people that don’t care if their dishes are properly washed and who don’t like to get their hands dirty.” Robert said as he placed the last plate in the dish rack and turned around to look at Xavier.

            “Damn you heard me, I could barely hear myself?”

“Sorry Zay you don’t know how to whisper, I could hear you from the bathroom.” Vera said as she came back into the kitchen.

            “You know what, that would probably explain the rude and weird looks I get sometimes when I whisper things to people.” Everyone busted out laughing, “Ha ha well come Vera lets go get our stuff in the car.” Preston shook his head and got up to wash his glass and plate, but before he could, Robert took it from him.

            “Here I got it, why don’t you go get your stuff ready.”

            “What about your stuff, don’t you need to go get it ready also?” Preston asked as he tried to wash his glass, but failed when Robert snatched it from him before he could place it in the water. Preston pouted and Robert kissed him.