Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

The next morning Robert woke up and got ready. He had a lot of things to take care of before the party started later tonight. Robert walked out of his room and ran into Rose. She had been in a really foul mood ever since Vince dumped her for Nora.

"God why don't you watch where you are going, you jerk!" Rose snapped at him as she pushed him out of the way.

"Good morning to you too, Rose." Robert chuckled as he walked down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen and greeted his mom and Nora.

"Good morning mom and Nora," he gave them a kiss on the cheek and sat down in front of Nora. His mom passed him a plate of food.

"You're in a good mood this morning." Nora said.

"It's a beautiful day how can you not be in a good mood. Can you pass me the hot sauce?" Nora handed him the hot sauce, "So things have been going good between you and that special person you are always with?" Tanya asked. Robert smiled; it had been a long time since she had seen him smile that big.

"Yes mom, it's been going really great."

"I'm glad mijo, you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks mom, so what do we need to get ready for the party?"

"Oh god, don't get me started, we have so much to do and I can only rely on you and Nora for help." Tanya got up and took everyone's empty plate to the sink.

"Hey we can always get Vince and Vera to help out too." Nora said.

"I don't want to bother them."

"Oh come on mom, you know they are always willing to help when they can." Robert said.

"Oh fine. But only if they don't mind." Tanya said.

"Ok then I'll call them and we can start getting everything ready." Nora said as she got up and went upstairs to call them. Robert got started on the dishes as his mom finished cleaning up the table.

"So did you invite Preston to the party?" Tanya asked.

"I did, but he is coming with Vera as her date. Since you know I can't come to the party with him as my date." Robert said. Tanya knew how much it was killing him not to be able to be with Preston out in public like he wanted to be.

"I wish there was something I could do so you can bring him as your date."

"I know mom, but until I finish school or if for some reason uncle is ok with it. I'm just going to have to wait it out."